Enterprising creative writer seeks masochistic players. - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Enterprising creative writer seeks masochistic players.

Old Mar 16 '18, 11:48am
Ubermensch

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Enterprising creative writer seeks masochistic players.

Mythic Souls - Forum
Warrior,Rogue & Mage

This will be a game using the Warrior, Rogue, and Mage rules found here.

I will be creating several different Archetypes from which the players can choose from. You're free to invest nothing more in this game than a dice roll and I'll narrate. If you're familiar with the first game, you'll understand that your social interactions will be extremely limited. As such my preference is to characters who Act first, think second, speak last. As such if you contribute more to the game you will be rewarded more.

This includes dungeon design. I'm atrocious at motivating myself to do it. You're free as a player to add dungeons, with little secrets, your own custom loot. Even spells of your own design. Just remember, prepare to die, alot.

I'll be using the exact same bonfire mechanics as present in the game of reference. Meaning you will probably die, and lose your experience points, a lot. Sometimes you'll get unlucky. Sometimes you'll forget where the bad guy is. Sometimes you'll be invaded by another player and they'll kill you. It does suck, but it won't be the end of the world.

Unless time runs out. Then it definitely will be.

So, PvP is in, semi-immortality is preserved, and it will be a richly rewarding challenge. For, masochistic gamers at least.

Oh also, prepare to cry. This is going to be a dark game. I'm going to make you memorable characters, and they will probably die horribly, sometimes maybe even permanently. I'm much less focused on narrative development than character development. If the story doesn't fit perfectly together in places, blame it on you blinking on accident and hundreds of years passing.

I'll be using a hollowing mechanic it'll be tracked by me in private. Hollowing accrues when you are absent for prolonged periods of time. Especially in combat. Since this will be a combat heavy game, you need to post frequently. Or your character will suffer a bout of madness.

I'll also implement a simple messaging system for players to mark their maps and contact each other via summoning signs. And give helpful, or not so helpful advice. All in all I'm going to try and faithfully recreate the dark souls games in feeling, and play.

Game Description:

"In the Age of Ancients, the world was unformed, shrouded by fog. A land of gray crags, Archtrees and Everlasting Dragons. But then there was fire, and with fire came disparity. Heat and cold, life and death, and of course, light and dark.
Then from the dark, they came, and found the Souls of Lords within the flame. Nito, the first of the dead, the Witch of Izalith, and her Daughters of Chaos, Gwyn, the Lord of Sunlight, and his faithful knights, and the furtive pygmy, so easily forgotten.

"With the Strength of Lords, they challenged the Dragons. Gwyn's mighty bolts peeled apart their stone scales. The Witches weaved great firestorms. Nito unleashed a miasma of death and disease. And Seath the Scaleless betrayed his own, and the Dragons were no more.

"Thus began the Age of Fire. But soon, the flames will fade, and only Dark will remain. Even now, there are only embers, and man sees not light, but only endless nights. And amongst the living are seen, carriers of the accursed Darksign."

"Yes, indeed. The Darksign brands the Undead. And in this land, the Undead are corralled and led to the north, where they are locked away, to await the end of the world. ... This is your fate."

May the flames guide thee.

on an unrelated note, could people make one-off characters who appear as invaders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimsin View Post
on an unrelated note, could people make one-off characters who appear as invaders?
Yes! Absolutely yes! No dark wraiths yet but mad spirits and invaders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunetec View Post
Hi! Is there no sorcerer / noble archetype to choose from?
I should make a noble archetype I will do that sometime today.