More 'runners needed.

Old Mar 20 '18, 3:53am
Man of Many Words (Sometimes Worlds)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
More 'runners needed.

Black in Blood and Shadow - Forum
Shadowrun

Even stranger things are taking place in the Seattle of 2072. Shortly after a mysterious incident involving 10-meter circles of freeway disappearing with everything in them, one of the most respected Fixers in the Metroplex, Valerie Dark-Sky, started asking around her mid-range 'runners if anyone wanted a shot at the real 'big time'.

You must want that shot, because here you are.
MechanicsThis is a Shadowrun 4th Edition Anniversary game. PCs are built using 500 points, anything goes. Application details are here.

The resources for this game, detailing the major information that is unique to this campaign, are here.

House Rules and Posting Standards are here.

In play, I only expect a post every 3 to 4 days, although you will likely get a reply back from me faster than that unless I am waiting on other Players. Please stick to posting in the Application folder (although feel free to read anywhere else) until you are selected to be a Player. Do be warned that I will be taking advice from the current three Players on whom to select. Feel free to post questions to me or the current Players in the Application OOC.

Game Description:

The year is 2072.

It is a time of waning hope, plentiful nuyen, and powerful technology...yet most dangerous of all is still knowledge.

Knight Errant and Governor Brackhaven have just moved in the Seattle Metroplex. Things have finally just 'settled down' (as much as they ever do in Seattle) from the Tempo craze and the last gasps of the fallout from The Emergence. There are some odd rumors floating around about the 'front-line' officers of this new Knight Errant Police Force, and it's been confirmed in the shadows that they are equipped unlike any other Knight Errant Division, and most of its officers are also 'young', with not a one older than 28 years of age...

Rumors and partially-confirmed whispers in the shadows mention that the United Nations is up to something. 'Something' that involves one (or possibly more) secret and/or previously 'hidden-in-plain-sight' organizations under its control. Closely-related rumors and whispers also mention 'activities' and 'actions' amongst obscure and secretive branches of the Corporate Court...

Several teams of shadowrunners (mostly younger, newer 'runners, but at least one veteran shadowteam) have gone 'missing' or been found 'victims of gang violence' after reportedly looking into those rumors.

Rumors are the Big Ten (and the largest AAs) are maneuvering for advantage...or safety...as are the 'immortals'. Whispers in the shadows is that something has them all nervous...something with a timeframe that is 'close, but not immediate'.

And conspiracy theorists (both in and out of the Shadows) are beginning to more rapidly rave about 'cyclic threats' and 'terrible rebirths'...along with 'returning exiles' and 'ancient secrets'.

All of this in a period of great growth and innovation, where all power-blocs are finally finding their way into new markets and starting to really explore new frontiers...and fight new deniable wars in the shadows.

This is...Corporations, Black in Blood and Shadow.

Can you and your fellows survive amidst the turmoil, opportunity, power-plays, and great threats?

Very much intrigued. Not sure if I've poisoned the well with you though.

I'm also interested. But I'll have to see if I have time to build and post a character before I'm away on vacation for a week.

looks good, gotta think this over. Might resurrect an old character from a previous game or try a team role I've never had before. Gotta think this over.

More Shadowrun! WOOOOO!!!

Going to look this over this afternoon. I've got so many concepts.

Edit: OH HEY! This one! It's been awhile but still looks like a good time!

Yeah, this one. I will mention that it will be very hard to produce a PC with a concept or execution I will not entertain or allow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestar View Post
Yeah, this one. I will mention that it will be very hard to produce a PC with a concept or execution I will not entertain or allow.
Where would you say your game would fall within the Shadowrun Tone Guide?

More Brown Business Suit with occasional moments when the PCs manage to do something epic and seriously life-changing. The PCs are caught up in momentous events, but can have an impact on the future. Of course, the new PCs coming in won't know that...