Making a Prince. - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Making a Prince.

At level 7 Alester will get a Pseudodragon as a familiar, but I still have to choose a regular familiar from level 3. Thematically, a reptile would be best. The Rhamphorhynchuses looks like the best bet.

I think I'm going to skip the Dragon Herald. It's a fun little archetype but it doesn't really give him anything a regular Bard doesn't get and a Magus already have. Multiclassing for story reasons is good, but I would prefer a class that can give him decent mechanical benefits as well.

I might have him take a few levels of Inspired Blade Swashbuckler. It'll give him a few features that could be useful and it wouldn't slow down his spells too much. The bonus Weapon Finesse and Weapon Focus would mean Dex to Damage at level one with a single feat and that's always nice. And what Crown Prince doesn't get sword training so it fits that way fairly nicely.

The Paladin archtype Oath of the People's Council was suggested to me. It fits my Prince pretty well. The Prestige Class Dragon Disciple was also suggested. I'm thinking of this layout for the classes:

1: Inspired Blade Swashbuckler
2: Eldritch Scion Magus
3: Eldritch Scion Magus
4: Eldritch Scion Magus
5: Oath of the People's Council Paladin
6: Oath of the People's Council Paladin
7: Eldritch Scion Magus
8: Eldritch Scion Magus
9: Eldritch Scion Magus
10: Eldritch Scion Magus
11: Eldritch Scion Magus
12+: Dragon Disciple

I want to get the Magus levels up to 8th so he can use Spell Combat at any time. I'm wondering if I should go with a third level of paladin to get the immunity to fear and diseases and the first Mercy.

But one more level of Magus gets him a third arcana, would that be reason enough to take that level?

These are the arcana I like for Crown Prince Alester.
Arcana Accuracy: 1 point, swift action, add Cha to all attack rolls.
Spell Blending: Can add one Wizard spell to spells known. Can add 2 spells but both must be at least one level lower than max casting. Can select more than once.
Wand Wielder: Can activate a wand or staff instead of regular casting when using spell combat.
Spell-Scars: Can create scar-like tattoos that act like scrolls and are created as though having the Scribe Scroll feat. Can ‘hold’ 18 tattoos at one time.
Accurate Strike: 2 points, swift action, all melee attacks go for touch AC. Requires 9th level Magus.

Ok, these are the feats I like the best. I'm not including feats like Dodge or Iron Will since those are good for any build that has room for them. Alester's first level feat will be Fencing Grace.

Dangerous Tail: Gain Tail attack, -5 BAB and 1/2 Str. Can trip as free action upon crit. Requires +5 BAB. (Minimum level 6 with planned class levels.)

Extra Arcana: Gain an arcana.

Extra Arcane Pool: Gain 2 points to arcana pool.

Flyby Attack: Can make a standard action while moving in flight.

Powerful Wings: Gain 2 wing attacks – secondary attacks treated as one size larger than you. Also treated as one size larger for feats and abilities related to your wings such as the Hover feat. Requires 13 Str, Skill Focus Fly, and BAB 8. (Level 10 with planned class levels.)

Word of Healing: Standard action, can use Lay On Hands at a range of 30 feet. Doesn’t provoke, must be able to speak and have a free hand. Heals only half the normal amount, but grants mercies as usual.

Aerial Roll: Immediate action, if attacked while flying, can make a Fly check to dodge. Afterwards, -10 to Fly until the end of your next turn. Require 10 Fly ranks.

Death From Above: When charging from above, either from higher ground or flying, gain +5 Atk instead of the regular bonus from charging or being on higher ground.

Multiattack: Reduce penalty for secondary natural attacks to -2. Requires at least 3 natural weapons.