I'm Planning To Play My First LGBT Character - Myth-Weavers

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

I'm Planning To Play My First LGBT Character

I'm Planning To Play My First LGBT Character

Hello everybody. I'm planning to play my very first LGBT character in D&D 3.5. I have make a few LGBT characters for D&D 3.5. Ok the character that I'm going to play is a Chaotic Good Male Human Bard named Robert Rainbow. He got a pretty interesting backstory. His backstory is that he's always want to be a dancer when he was a little boy. By the age of 13, He came out reveal his family that he's gay. By the age of 15 he became a bard and met he met his boyfriend who happen to be a Chaotic Good Male Human Barbarian name Jorge Jesda. They went an adventure together and they start to date with each other. By the age of 20 they got married and they have a good relationship with each other. Now that Robert is 30, he start his own adventurer wish his husband farewell. Oh by the way Jorge Jesda is the same age as Robert. So anyway that the backstory of my first LGBT character. So what do you think of the backstory? Also I need some advice on how can I be successful playing my LGBT character.

How to play this character: play a Bard, except he hits on dudes instead of ladies. Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raveled View Post
How to play this character: play a Bard, except he hits on dudes instead of ladies. Done.
But he's already married. Until if I want Robert to cheat on another man. LOL

Since he's married (assuming he's loyal to his husband)

here's how you play this character: play a bard, he loves his husband and they do couple things together. Done.

Knowing your intention in making a gay character would help other users in giving you advice. Also, consider who you're playing with when you bring this character to a game. Sexuality can be a sensitive subject for some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fervus View Post
Knowing your intention in making a gay character would help other users in giving you advice. Also, consider who you're playing with when you bring this character to a game. Sexuality can be a sensitive subject for some.
I can see the reason why sexuality be a sensitive subject to some people.

Bards don't hit on other people even when they're married? But then what is all that Cha for?

The important part is this is an aspect of a character, not what solely defines them. Hell, most games orientation doesn't even come up, and if it does it's merely a bit of flavor to the story, not a central theme.

I would also strongly encourage you to find a new character name that is not a blatant stereotype. And by "strongly" I mean pick another name, ASAP.

As others have said: Play a bard, he loves his husband and they do couple things. Done.