Quick questions and answers - Page 1290 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

Wild armor specifies Wild Shape, so it would not apply to Fox Shape, or any other spell or ability that is not Wild Shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takder View Post
3.5 question

What enhancement can be added to make the armor spike become a projectile weapon?

I notice in Magic Item Compendium a Spined shield, a +1 heavy shield that can also fire spine 3 per day. But I do not know how to a compute for the cost the spine shield? Please help.
if you asked your DM really nicely the difference between the Spined Shield's cost and a custom item that was Armor that could do the same thing would simply be the difference in cost that of the armor and the cost of a heavy shield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Golem View Post
if you asked your DM really nicely the difference between the Spined Shield's cost and a custom item that was Armor that could do the same thing would simply be the difference in cost that of the armor and the cost of a heavy shield.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takder View Post
3.5 question

What enhancement can be added to make the armor spike become a projectile weapon?

I notice in Magic Item Compendium a Spined shield, a +1 heavy shield that can also fire spine 3 per day. But I do not know how to a compute for the cost the spine shield? Please help.
According to the DMG (pg 221), it's: Moderate evocation; CL 6th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, magic missile; Price 5,580 gp; Cost 2,740 gp + 223 XP.

5e D&D:

If you have two (or more) hands free, can you grapple two opponents at the same time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaday Daydream View Post
5e D&D:

If you have two (or more) hands free, can you grapple two opponents at the same time?
I thought you only needed one hand free to initiate a grapple? I’m fairly sure I’ve seen a Dragonborn fighter grapple two enemies at my local store and a giant octopus grapple the entire party once. Anyway, I’m pretty sure the answer is yes, but watch out since eventually you’ll run out of free hands.

Depends on what you mean by "at the same time". If you mean as a single action, almost certainly not unless you have Extra Attack. If you mean using your attack to grab someone else while still grappling a previous target, go for it.

I assume that octopus had some special rules allowing it to attack with multiple arms at once, which makes as much sense as D&D ever makes

3.5 and pathfinder

How many free action (ability, weapon and armor functions) can be perform per round?

There is no hard limit (that's why they're "free" actions) - but there is an explicit "common sense" clause (on top of the fact that you should probably apply some common sense anyway) whereby a DM can just tell you no if they think it's ridiculous (for example, speaking - it's a free action, but how much can you monologue out loud in six seconds, whilst also fighting?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFred View Post
(for example, speaking - it's a free action, but how much can you monologue out loud in six seconds, whilst also fighting?).
...And when I know precisely what is meant by 'commissariat'.~♪