The Mother Of All Gather Information Checks - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Non Sequitur

A place for light-hearted forum games and other threads that don't promote discussion.

The Mother Of All Gather Information Checks

She failed most if not all of those checks. Not a very good intelligence officer.
Also, why is she rolling checks against her own crew? That seems very much like "The Corps is mother, The Corps is father."

I mean its just a DC 25 check to figure out drow are from the underdark. Let alone what Gary Lou's hometown was or if he eats breakfast and when.

Assuming this is some sort of military vessel, does she have clearance to talk to the helmsman or senior staff? What about look into propulsion? What about cargo? If she has clearance, what sort of cover story is she running to not instantly be identified as a spook? Does she even care?

Finally, if she's on a crew that needs a covert operative keeping tabs on them, she should tread extremely carefully. Lest she end up dead in a ventilation duct in some obscure/defunct part of the ship. People die on ships all the time, they are dangerous places to be a spook. If she's on a ship that doesn't need a covert operative keeping tabs on the crew, she's in twice as much danger.

Is she the Yeoman and/or psychologist?

0211 was my MOS in the USMC these are just things I think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Valor View Post
I mean its just a DC 25 check to figure out drow are from the underdark. Let alone what Gary Lou's hometown was or if he eats breakfast and when.
Common, general, available knowledge is DC 10. And it goes up from there. So presumably she knows some things.

It's a good point about going about it undetected. Unless the +9 includes a -20 penalty to gather info surreptitiously, people are definitely going to hear about her 14 months of daily questioning.

She's a government spook serving as a warship's intel and communications officer, with these checks made over a period of months prior to the ship's launch and, in part, it also contributed to the vetting process for this mission.

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr