How many woods, could a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck would chuck wood? - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Non Sequitur

A place for light-hearted forum games and other threads that don't promote discussion.

How many woods, could a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck would chuck wood?

How many woods, could a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck would chuck wood?

A quarter of a cord of connifer if you gave him a quarter for every cord he cut. ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Or perhaps, if we analyze this mathematically... a wood chuck, give or take, approximately 8.6 pounds on average. On the average day, a wood chuck consumes approximately 1/16th of it's weight, which weighs approximately 244 grams. Divided by .7 (to compensate for the density of wood), that's approximately 348 cubic centimeters of wood a day, or roughly 7 x 7 x 7 cubic centimeters or, 2.75 inches across. Given that this estimate is fairly close to what a study force feeding woodchucks with wood found (pretty horrifying, I know, but it was in the name of science), or 361.9237001 cubic centimeteres, I'd say it's a fairly good estimate for determining what the woodchucks can chuck.

A similar study by Mythubsters found that mice will eat each other instead of cardboard. And become super buff cannibal mice. ANYWAYS!

Some of you might be asking yourself; what is the point of all this? To which I say, that is a very good question indeed. What do you think about this, Mythweavers?

I think that if a woodchuck could chuck wood, he would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leons1701 View Post
I think that if a woodchuck could chuck wood, he would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
BUT HOW MUCH IS THAT?!one?!

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
A 1957 Associated Press piece refers to the question as "a riddle which beats the Sphinx, since it's still unanswered". A more concrete answer was published by the Associated Press in 1988, which reported that a New York fish and wildlife technician named Richard Thomas had calculated the volume of dirt in a typical 25–30-foot (7.6–9.1 m) long woodchuck burrow and had determined that if the woodchuck had moved an equivalent volume of wood, it could move "about 700 pounds (320 kg) on a good day, with the wind at his back". Another study, which considered "chuck" to be the opposite of upchucking, determined that a woodchuck could ingest 361.9237001 cm3 (22.08593926 cu in) of wood per day.