OOC Discusion for Burnt Offerings - Page 108 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

OOC Discusion for Burnt Offerings

So the real question is how many AoO's should I risk from the goblin fodder to get into a flanking position... :-D

awww you guys DO care

I wouldn't mind playing Gogmurt. You've convinced me.

At least for now, as I'm leaning towards my new character after Thistletop. But, I'll be open-minded.

Though I'm happy to let IamVoivode take over Gogmurt, if we wants to... and, uhm... should the worst befall the poor oracle (hope not!).

It appears Fate isn't done with him yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syscam View Post
Recovering quickly from the effects of the spell Jack reorients himself and moves decisively. His first priority is to attempt to save Hai'ta. He is no healer but he knows enough to staunch the bleeding and stabilize his friend.

Once he has prevented Hai'ta from getting any worse until Lurr can tend to him. Jack then readies his weapons and gets himself prepared to return to the fight.
OK.. so Jack's first priority is clear... but what did he really do on this round? If you used heal to stabilize Hai'ta you need to roll a heal check.

Quote:
Lets see, collect weapon[s], stand from prone, five foot step, stabilize Hai'ta.
Yea.
I don't think Jack can do all that in one round. Most important thing is to keep Hai'ta alive so,...
Why do you have to pick up your weapon? Did you leave it somewhere?

Because he saved on the 2ed roll, Jack has two rounds to play now: round 3 and 4.

Round 3: Standing up from prone is a move action
5ft step is free action
Stabilize is a standard action (DC15 - you still have to roll)
Round 4:
"Jack then readies his weapons and gets himself prepared to return to the fight."
Did you mean jack is readying an action? To ready an action (which is a standard action) you need to specify the action you will take and the conditions under which you will take it. Anyway you can still take a move action before that.

Personally I think there are better things to do on this round (Improved feint - 5ft step - attack Ripnugget [with sneak if feint was successful!] or block goblins from reaching Lurr).

Quote:
I will update my post to "cover" Lurr so she can heal Hai'ta.
Just as a note. I don't think Hideous Laughter would have made you drop your weapons, it just makes you fall prone, and unable to take actions.

@Ariel, I need a rule decision from you before making my life-saving post. Is Hai'ta an object at this point? I want to get him out of threatening reach before reviving him, for fears of the chief simply chopping him down again, but need to figure out how the action economy works for that.

If he is an objectFREE: 5 foot step next to Hai'ta
MOVE: Pick up Hai'ta (He'd now be in Lurr's strong hands, though technically probably 'dragging' the load vs. 'carrying' it.)
FREE: Drop Hai'ta behind Lurr ("Dropping an item in your space or into an adjacent square is a free action.")
STANDARD: Cast CLW on Hai'ta

If he is NOT an objectFREE: 5 foot step next to Hai'ta
STANDARD: Reposition Hai'ta (helpless target so treat roll as natural 20, and Hai'ta's dex&str as 0) behind Lurr.
NEXT ROUND: Cast CLW on Hai'ta.

I'll complicate this a little bit...
Hai`ta is not an object (yet)

After taking the 5ft step to reach him, you have two options
Option 1: You can take a full round action to reposition him and cast CLW on the next round. His DEX and STR are 0. I think his CMD will be 3. You get +4 because he is helpless. Your roll counts as natural 20. For every 5 by which you exceeded his CMD you can move or drag him an additional 5 feet (up to your move limit), so you can get him quite far from danger.

Option 2: You make a regular reposition or drag roll. His DEX and STR are 0. I think his CMD will be 3. You get +4 because he is helpless. For every 5 by which you exceeded his CMD you can move or drag him an additional 5 feet. If your attack exceeds his CMD by 20 or more (i.e. you get 23 or more) instead of moving/dragging him further you can choose to take a standard action and cure him (the reposition/drag counted only as a move action).

You can roll the reposition/drag roll, and then decide based on your result.