Advice for Running Stars Without Number in PbP? - Myth-Weavers

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

Advice for Running Stars Without Number in PbP?

Advice for Running Stars Without Number in PbP?

Title says it all. I have a sector for SWN that's just been sitting in my Google Drive for about four months, but I haven't been able to find anyone who wants to play irl, so I figured I'd just start a game here. I haven't actually played SWN, but I've had the rulebook for about four years, so I think I'll be able to manage.

I've seen two games start up and draw lots of applications. I'd be up for a game. I assume you'll see a pretty good application rate this time around as well. Do you have a plot arc for the sector as well, or will the hapless crew be free lance?

Also, since your sector is well developed it sounds like you won't need the players to generate much of their home planet background. It may be helpful to set a half dozen planets as available for origin stories so you can preserve the element of surprise for the rest of your sector.