BB tag quandary - Myth-Weavers

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

BB tag quandary

BB tag quandary

Hello, I'm trying to make a skill simplification chart.
Except for these pesky anchor/goto tags. The Forum seems to be accepting the anchor tags, but is refusing to handle the goto tags.
I am fully aware, I'm probably doing it wrong, or I'm using outdated/non-functional tags. So, what am I doing wrong, or alternatively, is there a better/different way to accomplish what I'm attempting.

[goto=] [/goto]
  • [goto=MND] Mind [/goto]
    • [goto=Alt]Alteration[/goto]
    • [goto=COM]Computers [/goto]
    • [goto=Div]Divination [/goto]

Alteration (mind): Magical energy that converts existing matter and energy into different forms is controlled via alteration magic. See Spells for more information on magic and casting. Alteration cannot be used unskilled.

Computers (Mind): Computers are ubiquitous from Tech Level 23 onward, and most everyone knows how to use computers and electronics for the purpose they were intended. Basic computer use can be attempted unskilled. Programming, hacking, or engineering cannot.

Divination (Mind): Divination magic gleans information from objects, beings, or events. It is the magic of knowledge. See Spells for more information on magic and casting. Divination cannot be used unskilled.
test of find versus stealth. Apply darkness penalties if illumination is poor. Note that if an adventure hinges on clues the player characters should always find them somehow. A poor find total may mean it takes a little longer or there’s some obstacle to get at it, but Game Masters should never allow bad die rolls rto stop a tale dead in its tracks.[/color]]

[list] [*] [goto=MND] [color=#c00000]Mind[/color] [/goto][list] [*] [color=#c00000][goto=Alt]Alteration[/goto][/color]
[*] [goto=COM][color=#c00000]Computers[/color] [/goto]
[*] [goto=Div][color=#c00000]Divination[/color] [/goto][/list][/list]

[color=#c00000][anchor]ALT[/anchor]Alteration (mind): Magical energy that converts existing matter and energy into different forms is controlled via alteration magic. See Spells for more information on magic and casting. Alteration cannot be used unskilled.[/color]

[color=#c00000][anchor]COM[/anchor]Computers (Mind): Computers are ubiquitous from Tech Level 23 onward, and most everyone knows how to use computers and electronics for the purpose they were intended. Basic computer use can be attempted unskilled. Programming, hacking, or engineering cannot.[/color]

[color=#c00000][anchor]DIV[/anchor]Divination (Mind): Divination magic gleans information from objects, beings, or events. It is the magic of knowledge. See Spells for more information on magic and casting. Divination cannot be used unskilled.[/color]test of find versus stealth. Apply darkness penalties if illumination is poor. Note that if an adventure hinges on clues the player characters should always find them somehow. A poor find total may mean it takes a little longer or there’s some obstacle to get at it, but Game Masters should never allow bad die rolls rto stop a tale dead in its tracks.[/color]

[noparse][/noparse] is the tag you're looking for to make stuff not parse

There is no such thing as the 'goto' tag that I'm aware of. Just use a regular url tag.

Assuming it works like normal HTML, you should be able to do:

http://www.sample.com/index.php#AnchorID

So replace
[goto=Alt]Alteration[/goto]
With
[url]https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=425026&referrerid=89276#DIV[/url]

Dear lord. That's complicated. But it works lol
Thank God for Find/Replace

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemerousNox View Post
Assuming it works like normal HTML, you should be able to do:

http://www.sample.com/index.php#AnchorID
I'm still having issues. The test link just opens the top of the page...

[URL=https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=424974#DIV]Divination[/URL]

Divination

Welp......... This is fun..
It was an id-10t error.. I was trying to link to anchors that don't exist. I has changed the anchors to atarget tags.
I changed them back and it shot right to the part I wanted.

Thank you both for your help. I even learned a new tag today lol