Adventurers League Games

Adventurers League Games - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 5e

Looking to get into a game?
Want to DM Adventurers League Games?
New Tables opening up regularly! Now running:

Game Description:

~~~

The D&D Adventurers League is an ongoing official campaign for Dungeons & Dragons. It uses the fifth edition Dungeons & Dragons rules, and features the Forgotten Realms setting, and now Eberron in Season 8. You can play D&D Adventurers League games literally anywhere. Players use the fifth edition rules to create a character and bring that character to games anywhere D&D Adventurers League play is happening.

More information about D&D Adventurers League

Last edited by Poor_Knight; Jul 28 '18 at 12:41am..
Question: The AL guide says that starting gold is determined by your class and background. I cant find any table in the phb that lists starting gold (aside from the standard rolls, which I know is against the rules). Where do we get our starting gold from? I'm playing a cleric with the Acolyte background

The starting gold can be found in the Background's equipment. It will usually say you get "this, and that, and the other, and a pouch with 10 gold pieces" or something similar.

Specifically for the acolyte:
Equipment: A holy symbol (a gift to you when you entered the priesthood), a prayer book or prayer wheel, 5 sticks of incense, vestments, a set of common clothes, and a pouch containing 15 gp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAttributed View Post
So this is an ongoing thing? Looks like anyone who is in the league can join, we can bring our pen and paper characters over right?
Yes, it's the MW chapter to the AL.

As of bringing in pen and paper characters, you need to bring your character's logsheet along for the DMs to take a look at it before your character is approved.

As a player I can say it's a very fun experience and, as you're online as opposed to sit on a table, you can play a lot of characters at once. It doesn't have the speed of a tabletop(a 2 hour module may take a month or more of online gameplay), but it lets people without access or schedule to play in stores a chance to join the AL.

Yeah, @GusDragon is right, it's been a lot of fun.

We've been running for about a year and a half now. There are something like 100-ish players and 19 DMs playing in 60-ish games. There are modules being run from just about every Season of AL, plus some of the Convention Content, and probably every Hard Cover. And many of us are eagerly anticipating Season 8 this Fall.

The DMs will answer any questions and verify your PCs and help make sure they are "AL legal" which is fairly simply once you get the hang of it. Don't let the process stop you from trying it out.

New PCs must be level 1 but if you've played elsewhere you can port in your character. You can even take your MW character to a convention to play some AL and bring them back to MW.

Actually, one thing I want to point out that makes AL play especially fine on MW: The bite-size nature of the modules makes it so much more likely that the module will be played at a reasonable pace and completed. MW suffers from a lot of DM-exhaustion--lots of DMs go missing shortly after their games begin. AL play actually allows the advancement of a character (or several) from low levels to high because the nature of the game makes it easier on DMs.

I'm really enjoying my part in it.