Ultra Light Rules Systems - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Ultra Light Rules Systems

DramaSystem is very rules light. The rule book is big, but most of that is explaining how serial dramas work not how the rules work.

Wow, DramaSystem looks really interesting. Very innovative. I'm not sure if it would be good for PbP, though, as discussions about character generation would take forever.

Anyone who wants their name added, message me and I'll post a list on the OP so others starting up Micro system games can contact you to see if you're interested. Actually I could create a new thread appropriately labeled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momos View Post
Wow, DramaSystem looks really interesting. Very innovative. I'm not sure if it would be good for PbP, though, as discussions about character generation would take forever.
Drama system requires actual dialogue, something that PbP doesn't do very well. We post small walls of text at each other with very little back-and-forth and call it dialogue. But without real dialogue there is no drama. So, yeah, unfortunately, I agree. And as you mention, character creation is also cooperative and requires a great deal of dialogue.

It does work great with Discord games (even if they are text only).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Houston View Post
Just curious how many players we have here who have a love for "micro" light rules systems. The kind that only take 2-20 pages to cover the entire rules for the game. Systems like Maze Rats, Dinky Dungeons, Swords & Wizardry Light, TWERPS, etc.

I'm personally a big fan of S&W Light/Continual Light, and Dinky Dungeons, although (I haven't played it yet) I do love the system layout for TWERPS as well
I really like Maze Rats, FWIW.

I've put up the list in another thread here. If you want your name on the list, state it here or PM me, with the particular game(s) listed you're interested in joining, or a game you are - or plan to - GM, or ANY SYSTEM. If you want your name on the list but do not wish to be contacted if a GM is looking for players, be sure to state DNC (Do Not Contact).

I'm sure there are other systems and hacks out there, but I'm sure I covered the bases of the most notable micro systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Houston View Post
I do love the system layout for TWERPS as well
This warms my heart so much. My brother had a physical copy back in the day. TWERPS was fun to talk about at conventions and it probably could have been fun as a short pickup game.