MHA: Searching for Brand New Heroes!! - Page 3 - Myth-Weavers

MHA: Searching for Brand New Heroes!!

Old Dec 31 '18, 3:42pm
Young Adult Dragon

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
MHA: Searching for Brand New Heroes!!

My Hero Academia: Heroes Unite - Forum
Mutants and Masterminds 3e

Finally going through with my threat promise of running a My Hero Academia game for Mutants and Mastermind. As of right now I'm looking for four to five up and coming students who want to be the brand new class of heroes of UA Academy. Do you think you have what it takes?

One spot is reserved for now, since I do have a friend who I had promised the game for, but they may or may not decide that Mutants and Masterminds are for them.

All applications are to be placed here.
All the information you need to build your character can be found here.
And any questions you might have regarding your character build can be found here.

I'll be looking at closing applications January 21th and starting the game shortly after.

(Please be kind, this is my first time attempting to GM a Mutants and Mastermind game, so please forgive me if I have a few screw ups in the beginning.)

Game Description:

In the aftermath of the battle against All for One, the world lost its number one hero, the pinnacle of what a superhero should be. Nevertheless the world continues to spin. Now, more than ever, the focus is on the future of heroes, the next generation to step forward and show what it means to be true heroes.

And that's where you come in. You are one of the newest students of the UA Academy for Heroes. But this is only the beginning on your path to become true heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Moon Shadow View Post
I fully intend to make an original character, it's just that a majority of the themes I thought of pretty much already exist as cannon quirks, teleportation - warpgate, weakness - decay, even being a dragon is dragoon... But I'll think of something.
You can have variations of the same power.

Bakugo and Midoryia for example, are both characters with Damage as their powers. It's just the descriptors that change. Just like Kirishima and Tetsutetsu have the same kind of quirk, but different variations of it.

I mean, countless characters would have the Damage effect, that shouldn't discourage you from making a character that has damage as a power. Your character may not strike out with claws from their arms, or fiery fists, of shocking punches, or martial arts judo chops, but something else entirely. Are you punchy like Midoryia? Or punchy like Kirishima? Punchy like Ojiro? That's 3 different types of punching right there.

Or Teleportation as another example. So warpgate is taken. What about bending space to move from one place to another? Or darting around as lightning? Maybe you mark something and teleport to it (like the Hiraishin from Naruto)? Maybe they just spring out from the ground, or fade into a breeze? That's like, 5 different types of teleportation right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonixfire View Post
You can have variations of the same power.

Bakugo and Midoryia for example, are both characters with Damage as their powers. It's just the descriptors that change. Just like Kirishima and Tetsutetsu have the same kind of quirk, but different variations of it.

I mean, countless characters would have the Damage effect, that shouldn't discourage you from making a character that has damage as a power. Your character may not strike out with claws from their arms, or fiery fists, of shocking punches, or martial arts judo chops, but something else entirely. Are you punchy like Midoryia? Or punchy like Kirishima? Punchy like Ojiro? That's 3 different types of punching right there.

Or Teleportation as another example. So warpgate is taken. What about bending space to move from one place to another? Or darting around as lightning? Maybe you mark something and teleport to it (like the Hiraishin from Naruto)? Maybe they just spring out from the ground, or fade into a breeze? That's like, 5 different types of teleportation right there.
Lol fancy meeting you here... I was more asking about the cannon to see what kinds of things the GM would be planning on using but about 5 mins after I posted that up I came up with something I really like. I'm looking at something similar to sandman or Gaara, technically it exists already in cannon but had very little "screen time" being possessed by Higawara Sajin the first character to die in the show but the 4th in the series. So I'll probably run with something along those lines, it has nice offensive, defensive and utility based potential.

It should go without saying, but anyone who's deciding between my upcoming Megagame or this one need not consider it. Do both, I encourage it, and I'll prolly throw a character in here too ^^

In short, I'm Admiral Keramane and this is my favourite shop on the Citadel letter of support!

Alright, seeing I have a fair collection of applications, I'll say that I will be accepting new applications for another week, and that you have another week after that to be finished.

So if you been hesitating in sending an application, send yours in as soon as you can. It will be hard to pick which ones I want the most, but it's a burden I'll be happy to bear.