Old Aug 3 '19, 7:29pm
Wyrm

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
A bunch of meddling kids.

Children of Shadows - Forum
D20 Modern

Source:
https://www.deviantart.com/invader-s...olor-532648931
(If anyone has a different bunch of meddling kids do share )

I hope to provide a fun, adaptable sandbox with unlimited adventure allowing for players to make their own fun and also run individual games/plot-lines for amusement of all.

Without descending into grimderp.

Basic premise setup:

Think of a somewhat more idyllic childhood.

The world is safe enough that packs of children can roam the streets of a small town after school engaging in shenanigans. (If the players feel like it I am perfectly willing to run those shenanigans for a few levels. )

Think of the ideal american dream and if it was real. Institutions think long term and politicians are actually smart enough to understand that larger pies mean they get a larger slice and crime consists of capers and schemes and not massacres.

But there is a even a shadow of otherworldly magic hiding behind the mundane, beings that come to our world through the thin, fading barrier between worlds find themselves stranded and eventually make a new life for themselves. (It's the shadows bit in d20 modern if you were curious why "Childern of Shadows" and that blood is where your special powers/skillsets come from.)

In a wider galaxy, more fantastic than you can imagine is desperately sticking to the prime directive.

How to apply:
Post an idea or interest to this game.
No player limit as such, kids move in and out of town all the time. Though my limit is usually about 20 active players per 1 GM or co-gm. Mind you I don't expect this to get that big as this premise is a bit different.

You do have to play through a one on one short, personal, story-line before being allowed into the sandbox.
The outside of sandbox plot specific parts will require a bit of commitment, agreed upon by participants as we get started on them.

The general idea:

Players are a bunch of curious, occasionally bored, meddling kids. Shenanigans ensue.

I'll allow (and suggest) you to be precocious AF and have at least one thing you do unbelievably well but otherwise mostly normal kids. No special assassins or super tortured super grim super soldiers.

If you have firearms proficiency it's from hunting with you "da" (or "ma") and not from a mysterious and tortured past; that black belt in karate is from normal effort and genius talent and not from your secret clan of ninjas beating into you since you were a baby k?

( Otherwise anything goes if a PC could normally do it. Want a black market contact for firecracker purchases? Go ahead. Building a giant mecha / robot in your garage? Sure. Your eight year old is actually running a Kinder Surprise smuggling ring and raking in profits? Have fun. )

The game will be set in a fictional town in a fictional country that is vaguely westernized.

I may occasionally be persuaded to run a more traditional game, chat only, and post the transcript.

Specifics:

Modern Earth is for now on the low ebb on the magic end, almost to an anti-magic level so your characters will be a sort of gestalt.

-One one end, d20 modern.
Multiclassing base classes only. I am willing to negotiate but you can't really be soldiers can you?
You'll be using the elite array for stats: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8.
+1 to stat when you take it's d20 modern class for the first time.

-On the other end and d20 fantasy stuff. 3.5 or pathfinder most likely.
I will encourage sticking to a theme on this end. Also willing to hear people out, but reduce the cheese.
You will be getting bonus stats once awakened based on your theme and character to add to the elite array.

I'll have some house-rules on recovering magic on your home-world but essentially recovering anything "magic" at home will take much longer to make it more special.

Players will each get a one on one intro run so we can get to know each other which will result in your second class off choice and becoming level 2.

Caveats:
From previous experience in running an all kid game:

This is not anime, nor will the characters be teenagers so reduce the mandatory suffering and angst by 3000%.
No pedophilia please. If I get one "loli" or "shota" we will have a talk and part ways if we cannot reach an agreement. This is a fantastic childhood and not a fetish game.

For the general feel, you know the terms the world is on the surface, noblebright, and I won't make it worse than nobledark.

Game Description:

Think of a somewhat more idyllic childhood.

The world is safe enough that packs of children can roam the streets of a small town after school engaging in shenanigans. (If the players feel like it I am perfectly willing to run those shenanigans for a few levels. )

Think of the ideal american dream and if it was real. Institutions think long term and politicians are actually smart enough to understand that larger pies mean they get a larger slice and crime consists of capers and schemes and not massacres.

But there is a even a shadow of otherworldly magic hiding behind the mundane, beings that come to our world through the thin, fading barrier between worlds find themselves stranded and eventually make a new life for themselves. (It's the shadows bit in d20 modern if you were curious why "Childern of Shadows" and that blood is where your special powers/skillsets come from.)

In a wider galaxy, more fantastic than you can imagine is desperately sticking to the prime directive.

How to apply:
Post an idea or interest to this game.
No player limit as such, kids more in and our all the time. Though my limit is usually about 20 active players per 1 GM or co-gm. Mind you I don't expect this to get that big as this premise is a bit different.

You do have to play through a one on one short, personal, story-line before being allowed into the sandbox.
The outside of sandbox plot specific parts will require a bit of commitment, agreed upon by participants as we get started on them.

The general idea:

Players are a bunch of curious, occasionally bored, meddling kids. Shenanigans ensue.

I'll allow (and suggest) you to be precocious AF and have at least one thing you do unbelievably well but otherwise mostly normal kids. No special assassins or super tortured super grim super soldiers.

If you have firearms proficiency it's from hunting with you "da" (or "ma") and not from a mysterious and tortured past; that black belt in karate is from normal effort and genius talent and not from your secret clan of ninjas beating into you since you were a baby k?

( Otherwise anything goes if a PC could normally do it. Want a black market contact for firecracker purchases? Go ahead. Building a giant mecha / robot in your garage? Sure. Your eight year old is actually running a Kinder Surprise smuggling ring and raking in profits? Have fun. )

The game will be set in a fictional town in a fictional country that is vaguely westernized.

I may occasionally be persuaded to run a more traditional game, chat only, and post the transcript.

Specifics:

Modern Earth is for now on the low ebb on the magic end, almost to an anti-magic level so your characters will be a sort of gestalt.

-One one end, d20 modern.
Multiclassing base classes only. I am willing to negotiate but you can't really be soldiers can you?
You'll be using the elite array for stats: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8.
+1 to stat when you take it's d20 modern class for the first time.

-On the other end and d20 fantasy stuff. 3.5 or pathfinder most likely.
I will encourage sticking to a theme on this end. Also willing to hear people out, but reduce the cheese.
You will be getting bonus stats once awakened based on your theme and character to add to the elite array.

I'll have some house-rules on recovering magic on your home-world but essentially recovering anything "magic" at home will take much longer to make it more special.

Players will each get a one on one intro run so we can get to know each other which will result in your second class off choice and becoming level 2.

Caveats:
From previous experience in running an all kid game:

This is not anime, nor will the characters bee teenagers so reduce the mandatory suffering and angst by 3000%.
No pedophilia please. If I get one "loli" or "shota" we will have a talk and part ways if we cannot reach an agreement. This is a fantastic childhood and not a fetish game.

For the general feel, you know the terms the world is on the surface, noblebright, and I won't make it worse than nobledark.

Last edited by JadeCriminal; Aug 6 '19 at 12:10am..
In theory indefinitely and the forum is open for everyone to view and post to. In practice more then 20 per GM gets chaotic and I may put restrictions at that point.

The intent is to put together a bunch of people who think the concept is fun, form parties for specific adventures and have things things like adventures to other worlds run in slightlly "wibbly" time.

There will be adventure lists from which applicants may apply to participate in which I will run. People are free to make their own fun as well though I may keep a level cap for the "official" character lists.