Make Mine Marvel: A Masks game about Marvel's new generation... - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Make Mine Marvel: A Masks game about Marvel's new generation...

Old Jul 22 '19, 6:03am
Great Wyrm

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Make Mine Marvel: A Masks game about Marvel's new generation...

Make Mine Marvel - Forum
Apocalypse World

Game Description:

Not the X-Men, not the Avengers, welcome the new young students from Excelsior Academy!

The latest generation of Marvel Heroes using the Masks: A New Generation game...

When I first saw this I immediately thought 'Ooo! I love Masks, shame about my first game of that not working out.' Then while I was reading through the game material I had this little nag in the back of my head that was wondering why that name looked so familiar.

I just about put my head through a wall when I finnally connected the dots and remembered that [mention]Born on the Bayeux[/mention ran my first Masks game.. xD

Incidentally, I know it's not a typical ability for the playbook, but could low end Superspeed be considered an option for the Janus's movement based power set?

Descriptions of powers are deliberately broad. Super speed totally fits under impossible movement. Possibly use the super sense as time sense. Everything that doesn't move at super speed is in slow motion. Then think how it impacts the character. Are they impatient? How would you feel after being in gridlock traffic for hours? I think you have a fun concept.

That's.. a slightly different take then i was thinking, but is super cool. I'll have to play around wirh that idea a bit!

dunecat, thanks for giving me another chance. Don't worry if your powers don't match your playbook, a playbook is more your character's perspective than powers.

Fair warning to all, this is not my first Masks game. All of them but this game have cratered but I have learned from all of them and I hope this one should work out.

No problem! I really enjoyed the last game so I'm looking forward to putting something together here.

Additional fair warning to all, BotB is a fantastic GM, and is great at crafting interesting characters and at least intriguing beginnings to stories.

Hey Bayou, I'm definitely interested but when I click 'follow this link' at the bottom of the first post, it just opens a new tab of the page 1 post of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soopadoopa View Post
Hey Bayou, I'm definitely interested but when I click 'follow this link' at the bottom of the first post, it just opens a new tab of the page 1 post of this thread.
Along the top of a game ad, you will see a couple of lines in this format:
{Game Title} - Forum
{Game System}
The "Forum" link should bring you to the game forum.

GreyWulf, Thanks for bringing this to my attention. :-) I think I have now fixed the link. I hope this didn't cost me any players. :-(