A Jade Regent mashup... REHASHED!

Old Jul 23 '19, 5:42am
can has plz?

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
A Jade Regent mashup... REHASHED!

Rise - Forum
Pathfinder - Golarion

A Jade Regent MASHUP!

Long story shortFirst and foremost: To the players of the last run, I apologize for my disappearance. I did very much enjoy our time together, and you are more than welcome to reapply to this game once again.

I've been away for several months (again) due to career commitments. My time here is still limited, however in my time away I've been running a live tabletop group now for the two years. My newest campaign with that group is a mirror of the previous run of this offering, which was intended as a testing ground for potential ideas. Due to the nature of PbP and my fluctuating availability, that didn't quite take flight as quickly as I had hoped. This run will take from the experiences learned from the live group and the last experiment, and will take some new life as I have promised one of the potential applicants some modicum of constancy.

The skinnyWhile this campaign will primarily feature the Jade Regent adventure path, we will not begin with the first module right away. Instead, in order to build some PC to NPC familiarity and relationships, I've mashed some other AP and non-AP modules into the mix, which can make up for some years of the PCs being residents and/or local heroes of Sandpoint, before the Jade Regent adventure begins properly. There will potentially be other things along the way, as well as after the AP finishes.

Read: Some of the content (including a small portion of the Jade Regent AP itself) has been heavily modified. Don't expect me to follow the books word for word.

What I'm looking for4-5 players who are looking to have fun, who will to join this campaign with the intent of seeing it through.

Desired Posting Frequency: Approximately twice a week, with slightly more frequent posting during combat. This may change during times when family life and career demands me to be away.

Qualities:
  • Mature player who loves to write and create depth in plot and character
  • Commitment to the game
  • Interest in collaborative fiction and creative writing
  • HAS A SENSE OF HUMOR!

Seriously though, you just need to have fun for the sake of having fun, enjoy writing, and not be a douche. That's all.

The character generation rules is linked forthwith. Post a new thread in the Auditions folder within the game, should you be interested.

Game Description:

Sandpoint. A humble town with a humble name. Yet what if some of its heroes are destined for some not-so-humble things? What if history isn't quite what it has been written out to be? What if...

The culmination of events spanning centuries has finally reached its pinnacle. The fate of a continent hangs in a delicate balance. The future of a nation is in your hands.

Last edited by iantruesilver; Jul 25 '19 at 11:04pm..
your char creation rules say "All alignments and deities allowed. Evil empires will be struck down."

I am confused by thus as it seems to imply no evil alignments?
Would you please clarify?

thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drezdock View Post
your char creation rules say "All alignments and deities allowed. Evil empires will be struck down."

I am confused by thus as it seems to imply no evil alignments?
Would you please clarify?

thank you.
Let me answer this with the example of one of my live group PC's. Runa Derelith, one minor Sandpoint noble, lawful evil, would-be worshipper of the King in Yellow. Has been playing in my campaign since the beginning, has been one of the most inspiring and story-driving characters all the way through.

Decided that she would try to hire "muscle" from the Bunyip Club, but took offense to the way that said "muscle" handled business, and therefore wrote a nasty little letter to the "management". Let's just say there was a kidnapping involved.

I'm not trying to imply no evil alignments. I'm trying to make the universe make sense around the PCs. Just because some L1 punk identifies as being "evil", doesn't mean shit to the rest of the world around them. There's way bigger, badder fish out there in the ocean, EVERYWHERE. Your actions have consequences.

copy that. Thank you very much for the clarification and timely response.

Oh, wait, this is back? I think you just missed the archival on the old version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFred View Post
Oh, wait, this is back? I think you just missed the archival on the old version.
This is back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowalker View Post
I am interested in playing as well. Looks like fun!
@rainbowwalker welcome to MW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iantruesilver View Post
No, unfortunately this is not a fully PFS sanctioned run.
You can run an adventure path event in 5th edition and have it be "sanctioned" for PFS. I can get you a number and you just sign a chronicle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qstor View Post
You can run an adventure path event in 5th edition and have it be "sanctioned" for PFS. I can get you a number and you just sign a chronicle?
Okay? In that case I am out of touch with the PFS rules. That said, our chargen rules are also slightly out of PFS regulation. If you have a PFS sanctioned character and this is a thing as you've mentioned, I'd be okay with signing off on it. I have the registration number, just never used it lol.

Now, from what I understand, as per the PFS Roleplaying Guild Guide and Additional Resources, "Sanctioned Content" is what I can credit you for. The current plan for this game is to go through CotEF, RotRL AE 1&2, CoT 1&2, SD3, JR, and RPT, possibly with some modified content from Kingmaker. From these, CoT 1 and SD3 are not sanctioned.

Yeah, or you could just run a real game, and forget about all this PFS rubbish.
(In all seriousness, can you even run a PFS game if you're running a customised scenario, let alone with customised chargen rules?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iantruesilver View Post
This is back!
Well, I might have to pull my character out of the old one, though. Having mentioned PFS, though, I have no idea whatsoever whether I will need to make some changes to the mechanics to meet the new rules, but I'll take a look.