(Pathfinder 2nd Edition) Age of Ashes - Myth-Weavers

(Pathfinder 2nd Edition) Age of Ashes

Old Jul 28 '19, 8:55pm
Young Dragon

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
(Pathfinder 2nd Edition) Age of Ashes

Age of Ashes - Forum
Pathfinder 2e

Welcome one and all to the Age of Ashes Adventure Path!

I understand Pathfinder 2nd Edition isn't officially out until August 1st, but some of us were lucky enough to get the books shipped early to us. I thought I would begin the advertisement for the game, so we can get things running quickly.

If you are interested, here's what I need from you:

IF you have the books, feel free to submit a character, but by no means is it required right now. I won't start with character selection (if I have enough submissions) until the week after official release (August 7-8 to be specific). What I DO need is a basic background and history of your character, a personality and history, and why you are in Isger.

The Age of Ashes Player's Guide is available for free here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fires burn atop the ruined citadel on HellKnight Hill, sending plumes of red smoke into the air that could be a call for help. Within the old keep, strange invaders from a distant land, mysterious long-lost ruins, and the machinations of a shadowy organization await discovery. Something dire is building toward an apocalyptic event, and it falls to your characters to stop the end before it begins.

Game Description:

The Age of Ashes AP

Last edited by Galactus; Jul 30 '19 at 1:54pm..
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredshirtwholive View Post
Are we allowed to do a concept and stuff if we don't have the books?
Absolutely.

How different is 2e from 1e? How much of a learning gap is there?

Not as big as you might think. I think the character creation rules (they call them ABC, for Ancestry, Background, Class, is much more streamlined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
completely off topic - so in your humble opinion - will it be easy to convert the older 1st edition stuff to 2e?
It can be done, but I wouldn't say it would be easy. There's no monster creation rules in the CRB -- that will come with the Gamemastery handbook later this year. The Bestiary is pretty nice, so there's the option of direct conversion if you can find a compatible monster.

The game itself offers more options than the 1e CRB because of it's modular system. It's very feat-based -- there's General, Skill, Ancestry, and Class feats, so there's much more options for unique characters.

Alchemists are a core class, and goblins are now a core ancestry. Personally, I'm very impressed, and I absolutely LOVE the new action economy.

I haven't seen whether the rules will be online or not. Does anyone know if that will happen, by Paizo or by someone else?

Okay, I just found this on Archives of Nethys:

2nd Edition draws ever closer, keep an eye out for the new website coming August 1st!