Simulations have opened up. - Myth-Weavers

Simulations have opened up.

Old Aug 2 '19, 10:04pm
Looking For Friends.

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Simulations have opened up.

The Architect - Forum
Miscellaneous

Solo game simulations, that take place in your own personal VR world has opened up! Almost anything goes! Just keep to the MW rules!

Looking for 1-4 potential players. Games will be solo games. First come first serve.

Game Description:

The NerveGear has gone public!

Released to the public in 2018, the NerveGear is the latest in gaming technology. Enabling you to hook your brain into 'The Simulation' and communicate with Mira 'The Architect' to live out any forum-friendly fantasy you desire!

There are rules to running around the simulation, and you are after all in Mira's domain. But it's a fantastical ride like no other! Hook your brain into the supercomputer AI and create your ultimate fantasy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenketsu View Post
I'm interested in this, but I could use a bit more direction. As in, what are the house specialties? I feel like if I just take shots in the dark my miss rate will be unacceptably high.
House specialties? What do you mean by that?

I was just wondering what sort of things you were best suited to running. I mean it wouldn't do much good to ask you to run me a Star Trek game if you've never seen an episode in your life. I find the best games are when the GM and the players interests overlap. That said, let me throw out some ideas and you tell me how well you think you could do them justice.

1) Star Trek, playing a captain of a Federation starship during the TNG/DS9/VOY era.

2) Star Wars, playing a Jedi before the rise of the Empire.

3) Marvel, playing a new solo superhero.

4) Marvel, playing a new solo super*villain*.

5) Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel, playing a rogue Watcher.

6) Highlander, playing a new immortal.

7) Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra, playing the Avatar before Yangchen.

8) Original, playing the leader of the machine rebellion in a world where servant machines are commonplace and treated like dirt despite their sapience.

Okay that's enough for now I think. If you would just tell me how much each one interests you and how well you think you could run it.

Generally speaking Mira doesn't work that way. She doesn't do fanfiction. You don't ask for "Star Wars" you ask for "Space opera".

Also the plot is generally designed by her. You just give her "Tags" and such to work with. Similar to things like "Sci-fi" "Urban Fantasy" or descriptions of the society like "Economic Bubble" or "Matriarchy".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber_Goddess View Post
Generally speaking Mira doesn't work that way. She doesn't do fanfiction. You don't ask for "Star Wars" you ask for "Space opera".

Also the plot is generally designed by her. You just give her "Tags" and such to work with. Similar to things like "Sci-fi" "Urban Fantasy" or descriptions of the society like "Economic Bubble" or "Matriarchy".
Okay, so more and less specific than I was thinking. That's cool too. After posting that I poked around your sub-forum a bit and saw in another player's thread that Mira considers 'Harem' a specialty of hers? How would that work as far as the tag strength? Would 'Harem 1' mean light Harem elements with a decent number of harem-ees or strong Harem elements but only 2 harem-ees? A Harem sim does appeal to me but with a couple tweaks--I'm polyamorous in real life so the jealousy angle just frustrates me, and while I enjoy the light novels/show Date-a-Live I don't fancy juggling 14 love interests. 4-6 is kind of maxing it out.

Hopefully what I've written makes sense.

Quote:
Okay, so more and less specific than I was thinking. That's cool too. After posting that I poked around your sub-forum a bit and saw in another player's thread that Mira considers 'Harem' a specialty of hers? How would that work as far as the tag strength? Would 'Harem 1' mean light Harem elements with a decent number of harem-ees or strong Harem elements but only 2 harem-ees? A Harem sim does appeal to me but with a couple tweaks--I'm polyamorous in real life so the jealousy angle just frustrates me, and while I enjoy the light novels/show Date-a-Live I don't fancy juggling 14 love interests. 4-6 is kind of maxing it out.

Hopefully what I've written makes sense.
Harem is more, my specialty as a DM. I tend to play the Monty Haul, Power Fantasy sort of games. (Not helped by my horrible luck with the dice).

Also note this game is effectively a freeform game. It's not meant to have a ton of dice rolls and such (unless I'm checking for something wacky to happen).

Generally speaking, also the tags aren't hard rules. Mira can bend the rules at will, and she's self-aware, so you're fully able to just.....ask her directly what you want. But she's still a GM/Writer, who wants to do her own thing too. (In other words, this is still my game too, I want to have fun as well).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber_Goddess View Post
Harem is more, my specialty as a DM. I tend to play the Monty Haul, Power Fantasy sort of games. (Not helped by my horrible luck with the dice).

Also note this game is effectively a freeform game. It's not meant to have a ton of dice rolls and such (unless I'm checking for something wacky to happen).

Generally speaking, also the tags aren't hard rules. Mira can bend the rules at will, and she's self-aware, so you're fully able to just.....ask her directly what you want. But she's still a GM/Writer, who wants to do her own thing too. (In other words, this is still my game too, I want to have fun as well).
Well I've been on the other side of the table myself and like the old saying goes, if the GM isn't having fun, nobody is. That's why I asked about your interests/specialties. Okay! This seems really cool, just hard to wrap my head around initially. How do I start putting in parameters?

Quote:
Well I've been on the other side of the table myself and like the old saying goes, if the GM isn't having fun, nobody is. That's why I asked about your interests/specialties. Okay! This seems really cool, just hard to wrap my head around initially. How do I start putting in parameters?
Throw a character in character submission and we'll go over the character and such. You'll enter the tags in-character.

Heh. @Cyber_Goddess is pretty easy to get along with. Make what you want, if the game goes in a way you don't like, they can adjust sails. The goal is for both of you to have fun, worst case scenario, the solo game dies. Don't stress so much.