Old Aug 3 '19, 8:08pm
Rogue Technomancer

Mentioned: 161 Post(s)
Shadowrun: Bubblegum Pink

SR: Bubblegum Pink - Forum
Shadowrun 5e

Shadowrun:
Bubblegum Pink

You duck behind a corner, bullet whizzing by. You hear a few hit the plasteel corner, causing you to wince while you prepare to pop out and return fire. Your buddy next to you is clutching a sucking bullet wound. Just past that corner, you see the Earth, and sun rising past it. You would amire the sight more, if you were getting shot at.

And at that moment, you wondered “How the frag did I end up here?”

It was a warm, but rainy night when you got that call from your fixer, August. He had a job for you, which was perfect timing, because cash was starting to run low (nothing new there), and ghost knew if you didn’t get an influx of nuyen soon, either the landlord or the loan sharks would have your knee caps.

But the details were odd: ”The client wants you to rob a train…”

Maybe you should've suspected things were going to get weird back then. But cash is cash, right?

This is a short-ish Shadowrun 5e campaign, detailing the (mis)adventures a group of shadowrunners as they rise to the lime-light of prime runners. Most of the runs are not intended to be particularly interconnected, beyond the fact that they star the same runners. However, this is going to be very Pink Mohawk, as somewhat showcased by some of the locales I’ll be using to bring the action to the forefront of the story.

For those new to Shadowrun, or just to such definitions such as Pink Mohawk, it is a term originating from the early editions of SR, where characters were larger than life, and the art occasionally showed massive pink mohawks on the runners. Punk was alive and strong, and everything we once thought was going to be the future back in the 80’s was there. Pink Mohawk embodies these ideals, playing up the action and characters, going for more style than sense, with fast moving plot and intense action.

Despite that bit of foreshadowing at the beginning of this ad, I do not intend to pull punches. If a runner dies, just means he or she or it will not make it to that final, prime-time run. While I will not be sending people to hunt down your runners for basic mistakes, I have no intention to fudge the dice in your favor. The world will react accordingly.

As for myself, I am Yamazaki, local weeb, gaming enthusiast, forever GM for my live group, and so on. I cut my teeth on TTRPGs over 15 years ago, being introduced to BESM 2e and Rifts very quickly. However, about 5 years ago I happened upon the Shadowrun 5e core rulebook at my local bookstore and fell in love with the amazing setting. And then proceeded to subject my players to the system, and we all discovered the glory of Pink Mohawk.

I consider myself an easy going GM, especially with Shadowrun. I run fast and loose, and I don’t cling too tightly to the rules, but I try to adhere to the spirit of the rules.

I am Yamazaki, and my mohawk is bubblegum pink...

Game Description:

The streets of Los Angeles has always been one of the greater havens for runners. Maybe because that's where Hollywood is, they're obsessed with shadowrunners. Maybe because crime and intrigue goes hand-in-hand with the land of lost angels. Or maybe it's the fact that the megas gain more power, money, and prestige with the help of the runners.

Whatever the reasons, in the city of larger than life characters and style over substance, a pink mohawk or two is nothing to balk at...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammogromin View Post
Oh hey. Well I guess if anyone was to actually manage to get a game of 5e up and running it'd be you. While my IRL group dissolved before I ever had the chance to run the damned thing.

Would like to see this pop off, let me know any details man.
*points up toward the top of the ad to the 'forum' link, which happens to be right under his name and avatar* Start your journey there, if you're interested in applying.

I really need to get back to working on that newbie guide...

Oh on the subject of newbie guides, I've compiled quite a few links myself for players for a game I've been working on off and on. Feel free to steal them. Or rather, feel free to steel the ones you don't already have.

And I wanted to ask, how long will recruitment be open for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwmons View Post
Oh on the subject of newbie guides, I've compiled quite a few links myself for players for a game I've been working on off and on. Feel free to steal them. Or rather, feel free to steel the ones you don't already have.

And I wanted to ask, how long will recruitment be open for?
I'll add that to my list of resources.

That said, the Newbie guide I was talking about is actually a MW community project that I'm sorta heading, as part of the Welcome Wagon Team. The concept of the guide was to help newbies to Myth-Weavers get accustomed to our way of doing things.

I'm looking to close for interest in about 2 weeks, and completely close everything and start picking on the 31st of August. SR is crunchy as hell, so I gotta give people the time they need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamazaki View Post
SR is crunchy as hell, so I gotta give people the time they need.
Which is why some smart person made a character creation program for both 4e and 5e. It's called Chummer. Lemme just see if I can find the link....

Chummer 5e:
https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a

I don't know what I did with the 4e link, but it's also on Github. I guess it doesn't matter, since this is gonna be 5e anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondragon007 View Post
Which is why some smart person made a character creation program for both 4e and 5e. It's called Chummer. Lemme just see if I can find the link....

Chummer 5e:
https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a
Which is why it's the first link in my resources page. Chummer5 is a godsend.

So, I'm a noob at Shadowrun. I like a lot of the lore, and I think Red Jump Suit/Pink Mowhawk would be more my style of shadowrun styles.

I have a somewhat basic idea what I'm doing, but I'm NOT very good yet. (Like, I would not trust myself to build a character on my own that doesn't either Gimp itself into uselessness or accidentally break some kind of rule and thus become a none legal build.)

I know Chummer exists, I've tried it but I can't seem to get it to work well. When I can afford it I plan to try and buy Hero Lab for 5E shadowrun and maybe 4E since that seems to have a lot of fans as well.

I have a few concepts I could try to build if there is someone here who's willing/able to be patient with me trying to learn as we go. I think for this game in particular I have an idea for a Minotaur Adept (She uses a pair of sawed off street sweeper style shot guns that have the revolving drum barrels, and carries them around the way a stereotypical spaghetti western or John Wayne style western Cowboy/Cowgirl Type might with a pair of revolver pistols back in the 1800's.), and an Idea for a mage (She's an Elf, who's gotten into some Debt with a Mafia organization which is why she's Shadowrunning to start with, to get the cash to get out of that situation.), has some Corporate ties that is more there as a back drop flavor. She's abnormally short, and she's also a Troll Poser. (You know how Ork's are like the HipHop/Punk Rock sub cultures and there's Orc Posers, and Trolls tend to cover a lot of the Biker/Heavy Metal sub culture nitch? She's like an Ork Poser, except for the Troll Heavy Metal/Biker sub culture angle.)

Any chance we can make one of these fit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirothsword117 View Post
So, I'm a noob at Shadowrun. I like a lot of the lore, and I think Red Jump Suit/Pink Mowhawk would be more my style of shadowrun styles.

I have a somewhat basic idea what I'm doing, but I'm NOT very good yet. (Like, I would not trust myself to build a character on my own that doesn't either Gimp itself into uselessness or accidentally break some kind of rule and thus become a none legal build.)
I can help you some with that, but that'll be an 'after team selections are made' sort of thing. However, I have posted a series of links within the game forum that can help you in learning SR and many aspects about it, and happy to answer questions if you have them. Don't worry - I don't let people play gimpy characters unless they really want to.
(quick tip - don't stretch yourself too thin: SPECIALIZE!!)

Quote:
I know Chummer exists, I've tried it but I can't seem to get it to work well. When I can afford it I plan to try and buy Hero Lab for 5E shadowrun and maybe 4E since that seems to have a lot of fans as well.
I personally prefer Chummer over Herolab, in part because of the cost of entry. It's a tad tricky to get the hang of (much like Shadowrun itself), but once you get used to it, it's not so bad.

Quote:
I have a few concepts I could try to build if there is someone here who's willing/able to be patient with me trying to learn as we go. I think for this game in particular I have an idea for a Minotaur Adept (She uses a pair of sawed off street sweeper style shot guns that have the revolving drum barrels, and carries them around the way a stereotypical spaghetti western or John Wayne style western Cowboy/Cowgirl Type might with a pair of revolver pistols back in the 1800's.), and an Idea for a mage (She's an Elf, who's gotten into some Debt with a Mafia organization which is why she's Shadowrunning to start with, to get the cash to get out of that situation.), has some Corporate ties that is more there as a back drop flavor. She's abnormally short, and she's also a Troll Poser. (You know how Ork's are like the HipHop/Punk Rock sub cultures and there's Orc Posers, and Trolls tend to cover a lot of the Biker/Heavy Metal sub culture nitch? She's like an Ork Poser, except for the Troll Heavy Metal/Biker sub culture angle.)

Any chance we can make one of these fit?
Here's what I've told everyone thus far: build/play whatever you think will be most fun for you. Pink Mohawk, in general, emphasis fun and style above much else. It's over the top and campy, and doesn't care that things are ridiculous. Plus, Pink Mohawk is more about how you approach things and how the world reacts in turn.

Or to quote my father-inlaw: "Do whatcha feel."

That's something people can help with. Lol

I'm not sure which of my characters, if any, fits the Pink Mohawk style. Miss, you've met them, haven't you? Two are shamen and one is a technomancer, all elves. I might try something else if I can think of a good concept.