Diving in in 3,2,1.... - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Introductions

Newcomers, don't be shy, come and introduce yourself! Our members will be delighted to bring you into the fold.

Diving in in 3,2,1....

Diving in in 3,2,1....

*SPLASH*

Hello! It's rather obvious I'm new here :-)

I'm not new to play by post freeform RPG's and not new to in person DnD 5e and 3.0 games, but I've never tried a play by post RPG with rules before, so there is going to be a little learning curve for me.

I'll lurk about the forum a bit and get a feel for how things work and then throw my name in for joining a game or two. Any advice on where to find active games, newbie mistakes to avoid, definitions of in-jokes that every newbie asks for an explanation of sooner or later, etc. etc. will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome EternalSprings, how's the water?
It should not take long to see how things work aroudn here, other than various things different DMs do differently (But t'would be a fool's mission to learn all of those)
Not sure of any inside jokes, but I might have to watch in here and see if i am missing anything

Most of the inside jokes are contained on the site's Discord server, and the members are more than happy to explain them! Feel free to talk on the site or Discord to get a feel for things, and questions are more than welcome.

Welcome aboard! If you want to get a good idea of how things work, you can always ask a GM if you can sit in and read a game that they are running. There are lots of 3.5, Pathfinder and 5E games around. Actively recruiting games canbe found in the Games & Ads forum. If you want to follow along with an in-progress game to get an idea of how it goes, scroll down to the bottom of that page and select the system you are interested in in the SYSTEM box. That will show you all active games.

If you are familiar with freeform PBP, and the game systems, you should pick it up pretty quick.

As Colin mentioned, stop over to the Discord server too!