Languages - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

World of Farland

A world conquered by evil and ruled by the Lords of Sin; A unique campaign setting designed to be used with all editions of D&D.

Languages

Languages

Quick Question: Are there any languages which are not written (e.g. only spoken languages)? I couldn't really tell from looking at the list.

Not really. I haven't designated any, at least.

If you need any phrases or setences of languages for roleplaying or something, I could create a skeleton frame of a language. I have an interest and knowledge of linguists. Making languages is a sort of pet project of mine.

Absolutely, Camulus, I'd love to take you up on this. Elven and dwarven have already been worked on, but the other languages are wide open. Any idea which one you'd want to do?

I was thinking Dark Dwarven or Fairy. I'm not Tolkien, but I'll give it a try. You'll have to tell me what kind of sound and style you would want for a language first. But how would I get the work to you, the forums?

Dark Dwarven would be similar to dwarven-- same roots-- and Fairy to elven. Both are Tolkienesque in my world. If you take a look at the site and make them match the existing stuff I have up about those language, you can do either.