Best/Worst Leadership feat uses. - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Best/Worst Leadership feat uses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggeem View Post
I used Leadership to get a Pegasus mount with out having to do the whole buying one and having it trained. Never let someone know you bought a pegasus in a city or nation where slavery is illegal.

I also once used the Leadership feat to get a Gray Render to follow me around. That was fun.
Seems odd that a pegasus would work with the Leadership feat if you bought it as a slave, since if it was purchased as property and not as a mercenary or contract worker, it's humanoid intelligence would make it's selling and purchase definitely be considered slavery, and at that point it would be either mentally broken to serve whoever it was told to, or magically compelled. The description specifically says that pegasi fight against being ridden if they don't agree with their rider, and they prefer good riders, and the Leadership feat seems (to me) to represent following through choice, not coercion or force.

As for the Gray Render... did it hug you and squeeze you and call you George? The thought of a heavily armored warrior riding into battle in a gray render's pouch like a kangaroo joey, screaming a battle cry, has always been an amusing thought to me. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftershock View Post
Seems odd that a pegasus would work with the Leadership feat if you bought it as a slave, since if it was purchased as property and not as a mercenary or contract worker, it's humanoid intelligence would make it's selling and purchase definitely be considered slavery, and at that point it would be either mentally broken to serve whoever it was told to, or magically compelled. The description specifically says that pegasi fight against being ridden if they don't agree with their rider, and they prefer good riders, and the Leadership feat seems (to me) to represent following through choice, not coercion or force.
I specificially rember typing something about not having to go with the 'buying and training' route.

Quote:
As for the Gray Render... did it hug you and squeeze you and call you George? The thought of a heavily armored warrior riding into battle in a gray render's pouch like a kangaroo joey, screaming a battle cry, has always been an amusing thought to me. :P
It was even better, myself and a bunch of halflings standing on it's shoulders using it as a mobile sniping platoform!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggeem View Post
I specificially rember typing something about not having to go with the 'buying and training' route.
Ah, I thought the, "Never let someone know you bought a pegasus in a city or nation where slavery is illegal," went along with your mention of using the Leadership feat to acquire one as a mount.

Got to love the leadership feat....... I have made several armies with that and am currently commanding one of them.

A lot of the feats are kind of nice, however some of the tactical ones I feel were kind of useless for me outside of the fact that each leadership feat you take gives you a +1 to the leadership score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias2008 View Post
Yo dawg I heard you like cohorts; so I gave your cohorts cohort a cohort so there'd be a cohort for the cohort of your cohort's cohort's cohort.
I think that's how AMWAY got started.

Quote:
Ah, I thought the, "Never let someone know you bought a pegasus in a city or nation where slavery is illegal," went along with your mention of using the Leadership feat to acquire one as a mount.
I believe he is implying that (a) someone else bought a pegasus slave and (b) he "liberated" it through the use of Leadership and other (quite possibly violent) means (also quite possibly involving the legal system of the city/nation mentioned above).

Alternately, he was explaining why it was so important to use Leadership rather than the standard rules for purchasing such a creature.

Quote:
The thought of a heavily armored warrior riding into battle in a gray render's pouch like a kangaroo joey, screaming a battle cry, has always been an amusing thought to me. :P

Ok, yes, it's a force-wielding witch riding a rancor, but the concept is the same.