ST: Discovery - Myth-Weavers

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

ST: Discovery

ST: Discovery

So, what does everyone think?

For myself, it seemed to be good sci-fi, but not sure it is Trek.

To be honest I think "The Orville" may just become my favourite show of the season. Is it just me or is this a great setting for an RPG?

Honestly? I found myself thinking 'now I know why they called it STD'. Then again, after all the other crap they've been doing to Star Trek of late, I got exactly what I expected.

The Orville, on the other hand, came as a surprise. My opinion of MacFarlane is pretty low (and that's an understatement if there ever was one), so I didn't even bother watching the show's pilot episode. It wasn't until other people insisted I had to watch it that I gave it a chance. I don't think it's going to be a masterpiece like Babylon 5, but I'm hopeful it'll be campy fun, like Farscape.

I could use more Farscape in my life.

Hell, I'd settle for Andromeda at this point.

I have no interest in watching it at all--not even the pilot. No, I'm not even going to give it a chance to disappoint me by being even worse than I expect it to be. I would like to thank Midnight's Edge for reaffirming my opinion and expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanaNari View Post
Honestly? I found myself thinking 'now I know why they called it STD'. Then again, after all the other crap they've been doing to Star Trek of late, I got exactly what I expected.

The Orville, on the other hand, came as a surprise. My opinion of MacFarlane is pretty low (and that's an understatement if there ever was one), so I didn't even bother watching the show's pilot episode. It wasn't until other people insisted I had to watch it that I gave it a chance. I don't think it's going to be a masterpiece like Babylon 5, but I'm hopeful it'll be campy fun, like Farscape.

I could use more Farscape in my life.

Hell, I'd settle for Andromeda at this point.
I could go for a Farscape re-boot.

The instant they made they announced tucking it behind the pay wall to watch if I wasn't going to be glued to my TV, it ceased to matter if every single episode was going to be so great that even Wrath of Khan would only compare to the entire series weakest episode. I was not going to watch it. Period.

My big question is "what continuity is it in?" The Original (unlikely), Abrams-verse, or something completely new? Personally, I would have liked to see something after Voyager/Nemesis...possibly even a Riker on the USS Titan.

A show about Data or Worf in a command position could also have done something.

A show focused on none federation characters doing stuff could have been very interesting.

A jump to the 25th century and to outside the Milky Way Galaxy could likewise have been fascinating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate71 View Post
My big question is "what continuity is it in?" The Original (unlikely), Abrams-verse, or something completely new? Personally, I would have liked to see something after Voyager/Nemesis...possibly even a Riker on the USS Titan.
It's in the Prime Universe. Roddenberry himself explained the changing on-screen look of the show as us seeing a dramatic reconstruction of events and it would change as effects improved... hence the Klingons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirothsword117 View Post
A show about Data or Worf in a command position could also have done something.

A show focused on none federation characters doing stuff could have been very interesting.

A jump to the 25th century and to outside the Milky Way Galaxy could likewise have been fascinating.
Data would be rather unlikely, as I don't think Spiner has any interest in reprising the role. Worf, would be interesting.