Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

M3 - was that at me, and if so was that to last question or all? *chuckle*

Both questions. As far as I can find, there's no description of what happens to troll flesh after it is separated from the troll. The properties of demon blood are likewise not described, which makes both of those a DM call.

There is a story in the universe of Warhammer Fantasy where a goblin kills and partially consumes a troll. The trollflesh begins regenerating in his gut and he ends up with a huge belly and, yes, terrible gas. It also made him strong, though, and gave him some of its regeneration and he ends up as something of a goblin folk hero.

Personally, I would say that nothing in particular happens. The troll flesh is still physical meat, though I imagine that it would not have a particularly good taste/texture to it, so there is nothing preventing you from eating it. Also, given that stomach acid is a relatively strong acidic compound, the meat would be considered to take acid damage, which should prevent the regen affect.

For the demon blood, I would say that a 'doses' would equal about the size of a cup. This is mostly an arbitrary decision though, with me envisioning some fancy goblet being used. Now, most demons could, in theory, provide a lot of 'doses', I would say that the blood would dry to the point of being useless after a short type, say an hour I guess, with the option of increasing that time with various methods. Thinking maybe a Craft: Alchemy check to prolong to 24 hours, and magic for as long as you can convince me based on the spells.

But again, all this is personal opinion after idly thinking it over for a minute, and up to DM discretion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djacob91 View Post
Personally, I would say that nothing in particular happens. The troll flesh is still physical meat, though I imagine that it would not have a particularly good taste/texture to it, so there is nothing preventing you from eating it. Also, given that stomach acid is a relatively strong acidic compound, the meat would be considered to take acid damage, which should prevent the regen affect.

For the demon blood, I would say that a 'doses' would equal about the size of a cup. This is mostly an arbitrary decision though, with me envisioning some fancy goblet being used. Now, most demons could, in theory, provide a lot of 'doses', I would say that the blood would dry to the point of being useless after a short type, say an hour I guess, with the option of increasing that time with various methods. Thinking maybe a Craft: Alchemy check to prolong to 24 hours, and magic for as long as you can convince me based on the spells.

But again, all this is personal opinion after idly thinking it over for a minute, and up to DM discretion.
Keep in mind these are demons we're talking about. Their blood isn't necessarily constrained by, you know, physics.

I should point out that the magic item Demon's Blood is a wondrous item created by the Craft Wondrous Item feat that just so happens to be named Demon's Blood. Nothing about it actually requires the blood of a demon, just a little desecration. So any possibility of actual demon's blood function in the same or a similar way is purely your DM's fiat, and he's just as likely to say the blood is acidic and turns your entire chest into mush the moment you drink it. Or worse!

Do tell us how it goes, though. You know, for Science.