spoiler quirk - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

spoiler quirk

spoiler quirk

It's not an issue so much as an unintended quirk of spoiler tags that i noticed. If you include an apostrophe in a spoiler tag, it will put a backslash before the apostrophe until you click the spoiler. then it disappears for as long as you are on the page. But if you refresh, it comes back. It doesn't affect content, but it is visually irritating. If you guys have a list of things to work on, can we add this to the list?

That's sort of a known issue, I think. Spoiler boxes work pretty well, though, so I don't think it's a high-priority one.

It's a side effect of parsing your text. Apostrophes are a special character in basically every coding languages. So you need another character to precede them to make sure you mean the text character of an apostrophe, instead of what they mean in the code. As such, it looks like they just kept that other character in on accident, but there could be some other unintended issues (I'd have to look at the source code, to be sure).

Or not. I guess it just messes up on the test page.

For reference for Windows users, Smart Apostrophe's are Alt Commands:
0145 - Left Single Quote
0146 - Right Single Quote
0147 - Left Double Quote
0148 - Right Double Quote