Quick questions and answers - Page 1103 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

Svar - Thanks for the heads up. It's always good to know that you missed something critical while you're still in the planning phases.

My gm might not know that but best not to risk it (and I wouldn't cheat like that now that I know). I could always just ask if he doesn't mind if we ignore that rule cause 'rules as intended' vs 'rules as written' and 'its a game/rule of cool' is usually negotiable with us.

Time to check if a few spells I made regularly on the cheap are no longer valid... Yep, shield and truestrike then wouldn't work in this case. At least the cheap cure lights in the 'party bundles' I pass out are valid. *rolls eyes* Then again I dont know if anyone has used any of the shield or true strike pots (despite how helpful they could be in various situations we keep getting into) ...

If my character didn't have the 'Brewmaster' title, the trait and literally written out before the character name I'd really consider asking if I could reinvest the feat. *chuckle*

Pathfinder

What are the rules on wielding a weapon with two hands for extra damage? Im trying to determine if I can two hand a scorpion whip or not.

---

Pathfinder

Also if im creating a new weapon (found the creating new weapon DP (design points) system at the end of weapons section), how do I go about adding a non standard function?
ex: If I wanted to reproduce the effect of the Aspergillum/battle aspergillum http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/we...e-aspergillum/

Wielding a Weapon Two-Handed

When you deal damage with a weapon that you are wielding two-handed, you add 1-1/2 times your*Strength*bonus (Strength*penalties are not multiplied). You don’t get this higher*Strength*bonus, however, when using a light weapons with two hands.
Here's the relevant rules text on that, Lothmar. Scorpion whip is a light weapon, so no dice there.

3.5 D&D:

Does anyone remember the name of that one special material that takes 5% off the Arcane spell failure chance of armor, and what book it was in? It's not Mithril, it was a different one you could use with padded armor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirothsword117 View Post
3.5 D&D:

Does anyone remember the name of that one special material that takes 5% off the Arcane spell failure chance of armor, and what book it was in? It's not Mithril, it was a different one you could use with padded armor.
Are you referring to Thistledown? From races of the wild.

I think Feycraft from DMGII reduces ACF as well maybe? There is also the Twilight enhancement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithamar View Post
I think Feycraft from DMGII reduces ACF as well maybe? There is also the Twilight enhancement.
The ideal part of Thistledown vs fey craft is it's half the price, doesnt require shenanigans to make, and can be switched between armors. I also forget if feycraft can be used on heavy armor like thistle down.

This one's probably an opinion thing but if anyone knows this let me know. (Personal group game / setting, never to be used in an event campaign etc)

Can new metals be created in Dnd/pathfinder? If so what do you think is a fair equation for pricing (assuming trial and error attempts have been performed etc and process has been relatively perfected)?

ex: if i wanted to make a new metal from Adamantine and say mithral. Could I make something as hard as adamantine but lighter by blending it with mithril? Like say how steel is made from iron + etc~

Thus : Cost of MW Breastplate made out of mithral = X. Cost of MW Adamantine breastplate = Y. (X+Y) / 2) x 1.5

----

Or should this be limited to only being able to work through an application of wish/miracle or as a boon from something greater then us petty mortals in campaign?

---
*note - I know it also depends on gm approval etc if I want to bring it in to a game, im just asking in your opinion if this can be done / should be allowed to occur (even if that means through the course of the game instead of just simply starting with it as a large investment of your starting GP because your character is a craftsman and this is their magnum opus claim to fame )

AFAIK there are no official ruless for alloys of special materials.

The big question is WHY you want to alloy them? I presume for light weight and DR. Dragon #351 p45 had Oerthblood which can be added to any metal and grants Adamantine-like bonuses.

How do you combat a terminal, and I mean terminal, case of GM burnout? Also, replacing the GM is not an option because I am the GM that has burnt out.