Notices

Looking for an evil-minded leader

Old Jun 20 '18, 10:38pm

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Looking for an evil-minded leader

Restoring Evil - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 5e

Howdy folks!

A few months back, I posted an ad for an evil campaign for 5e (you can find the original ad here.). We got a pretty solid party together, but since then, we've lost two party members, one of which was the "leader" for the party that would help prevent it from falling into wanton slaughter and chaos, which is something I wanted (and still do want) to avoid.

To that end, I'm briefly re-opening applications for a new party leader, and a flex spot open in case any new applicants catch my eye.

Our current party is a foul-mouthed disgraced former surgeon monk, a sleek, cunning, conniving rogue 1/cleric 2, and a fame-obsessed bard. Obviously of help would be more arcane power, or more martial power. For an idea of our previous composition, we had a paladin and a ranger.

Character creation rules can be found in the original listing, but to summarize: level 3, all first party WotC including UE, free feat at first (as long as it doesn't bring a stat to 17 or higher), no good alignments.

The setting is also a custom one, which you can find information about in the game thread, but again to summarize: one enormous continent with several countries in it, each themed after a real-life region's folk lore and mythology.

This one's only going to be open briefly, closing off apps at July 1st, and making selections the day after.

Game Description:

Everyone is celebrating.
Abaddel, god of demons and evil, is dead. He has been slain by a group of four powerful adventurers, who have now retired to safety. There are parades in the streets, taverns are full, churches holding sermons in celebration.
Everyone is celebrating.
In the Abyss, there is a power vacuum. The goddess of devils, Tyregal, moves her forces to take the Abyss, and put an end to the millennia long Blood War. Cultists sacrifice in her name, evil paladins begin to mobilize to bring in a new world order of madness and evil.
Everyone is celebrating.
Everyone but you. You are a scoundrel, a fiend, someone that most would consider "evil". And though you may not have had any great fondness for Abaddel personally, you know what this is. A new era for peace, for the self-righteous puritans that think themselves so much better than you to persecute you further. Young heroes are emboldened, slaying orc strongholds, rampaging through goblin tribes, and even laying waste to the slums in cities that hold mostly "monstrous" races.
So when the world starts falling into chaos because of the fundamental blow that has been dealt to balance, you are the only one who is willing to do anything about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronDnD View Post
Can I reapply with my previous application? Milzaphir "Mellow Tongue" ?
I really like that PC concept!
If you look at my current app you can see that you’ve inspired a character name for me.

Still scouting for players? I am still really new to pbp and 5th ed but I'd be interested in creating a character.

@ByronDnD Sure! Moving your app now.
@BigBear I encourage new players to join up. I'm always down to teach someone the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglegs View Post
@ByronDnD Sure! Moving your app now.
@BigBear I encourage new players to join up. I'm always down to teach someone the system.
Will do then. Have a few concepts in mind. Working on finding the race that is going to work correctly with what you have going on right now.

@MissAttributed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglegs View Post
This one's only going to be open briefly, closing off apps at July 1st, and making selections the day after.
You've still got 4-5 days to get an application in if you're interested. I'd highly recommend it, as the game's been awesome so far.

(If it's not obvious, I'm one of the current players. )

With this many applicants, it's going to be tough getting in. Maybe those not picked should create a group of their own and provide the existing scoundrels with rivals in villainy?
:P

What about evil minions? I promise to be the bestest evil minion ever!!! Yay!!!