This week in video games... - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

This week in video games...

This week in video games...

So, I most recently played Assassin's Creed 3, and next week I'll be getting my 3DS copy of Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, and I'll be downloading episode 5 of the Walking Dead game.

Is anybody else playing something, or getting ready to play something, that they're really enjoying and/or excited about?

I was hoping to try out Black OPS II with my wife's son. I was thinking of getting it for his B-Day and with all the hype I was hoping to compare it to other shooter games. While nothing new I would like to get more involved with Space Marine the Warhammer 40k video game. I started it a few months ago and with work, the Myth and my wife it takes more time away from the X Box.

Yeah City of Steam. There's a link in my signature.
It's a F2P Industrial Age Fantasy (Steampunkish dungeon crawler) mmorpg and it is AWESOME!

I'll add Planetside 2 to the list, comes out on the 20th, although I might not be able to play for a week (does that still count as in this week, lol)

I am about to finish AC3 and it makes me sad, because I just read that they are going to release a new update that solves a lot of the annoying glitches all over the game.

Next week the new Hitman game is coming out, so I am looking forward to that and so it is Persona 4: The Golden however like with Virtue's Last Reward I won't be buying a portable console just to play one game.

Sure, the Japanese love portable consoles and they lead the trend but I just don't roll that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaviien View Post
Yeah City of Steam. There's a link in my signature.
It's a F2P Industrial Age Fantasy (Steampunkish dungeon crawler) mmorpg and it is AWESOME!
I took a look at it, because a steampunk version of diablo sounded like it could be interesting. Unfortunately, I was a little disappointed in the class choices listed in the videos I looked at. With the exception of the gunner, it's like they just took standard fantasy classes and dropped them into an industrial-themed dungeon. Seems to me they could have gone a lot further with the concept, maybe stealing a bit from Borderlands. Probably my biggest disappointment is the "knight" just being in regular armor, with a regular sword, when he could have easily been designed to be wearing, like... a mecha suit, patched with scrap metal, and wielding a crowbar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
I am about to finish AC3 and it makes me sad, because I just read that they are going to release a new update that solves a lot of the annoying glitches all over the game.
Yeah, it kinda seems "too little, too late" at this point. I'm sure they'll have a small sales spike after Thanksgiving, but the bulk of their customers have probably beaten the game already. Although, if I decide to go back and platinum the game, it'll be nice to have those bugs fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
Next week the new Hitman game is coming out, so I am looking forward to that and so it is Persona 4: The Golden however like with Virtue's Last Reward I won't be buying a portable console just to play one game.

Sure, the Japanese love portable consoles and they lead the trend but I just don't roll that way.
I don't really have a reason to pick up a Vita yet, myself. though I was tempted for AC: Liberations. However, I did get a 3DS, because I was able to trade in my old DS Lite to take off a large chunk of the cost, and I trust Nintendo to put out a lot of games that I'll want for the system (after they did for the last generation of handhelds).

I'm looking forward to getting Halo 4 for Christmas, but other than that nothing out there really catches my eye. Perhaps Bioshock: Infinite when it drops.

Awesomenauts, it's free to play til Monday off steam and you can pick it up for $5 til then as well.

It's a Side Scrolling MOBA and the controls are easy. Been playing it the last day or so and will be purchasing it.

My friends and I have been hitting the weekly Spartan Ops episodes on Legendary in Halo 4. Lot of awesomesauce there, especially now that we've settled into Assualt and Support (aka, Sniper) roles and figured out how to use them effectively. Ahhh Co-Op. So much fun.

I've also been chipping away at the Colonial Era monolith that is Assassins Creed III, and I've got Far Cry 3 preordered. Far Cry 2 was amazingly awesome, but part of me was kinda missing the tropical island setting from the first few games...this looks like a combination of both games, so I'm totally sold.

Also been spending my time on the bus rides to University playing the Star Wars edition of Angry Birds on my iPhone which like any good mobile game, is way more fun then it has any right to be.