Creating Monster Musume species in D&D 5e - Myth-Weavers

Creative Corner

Post your creative works here and show off your talent!

Creating Monster Musume species in D&D 5e

Recreating Monster Musume species in D&D 5e (All feedback welcome!)

Hello everyone!

Ever since I saw the anime and manga of Monster Musume, I've wondered to myself how the different species and subspecies could be represented in D&D's fifth edition as playable races in a fantasy setting. To that effect, I've started to draft up how their traits and abilities might look.

So without further ado, here is the first monster race being submitted for your review and comments: The Lamia!

P.S. My interpretation of these monster species are intended to have both male and female genders, except for the ones which are specifically classed as mono-gendered.

Lamia

The Lamia are a reptilian liminal race with the upper body of a human and the lower body of a snake. A mono-gendered (female) demi-human race, Lamias are predatory carnivores that form tribal villages on the outskirts of desert oasis. Fully grown, their serpentine tails are powerful enough to bend iron.

Lamia Traits
Ability Score Increase. Your Constitution increases by 2.
Age. Lamia reach maturity at 15 and can live to be 800 or so.
Gender. Mono-gendered (female)
Alignment. Lamia lean more towards chaotic alignments.
Size. Your size is medium. However, because Lamia have such long tails to balance themselves on, you take up an additional 5 feet of space directly behind you at all times, unless you take the time to curl yourself up, in which case you take up a medium-sized space as normal.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 25 feet.
Constrict. A Lamia can constrict a medium or smaller creature with its powerful tail. This takes an action and works like a grapple (phb conditions) and does 1d6 bludgeoning damage at the end of each turn the creature is grappled. To break out of the constriction, the foe must oppose the Lamia in a strength roll.
Natural Climber. You have the advantage on checks made to climb vertical surfaces.
Thick Scales. A Lamian's scales are thick granting it an unarmored AC of 11 + dexterity modifier
Forked Tongue. A Lamia can taste things even when they cannot see them. A Lamia gains advantage on passive Perception checks to identify unseen attackers, and creatures sneaking within 15ft of the Lamia have disadvantage on sneak rolls. The Lamians' sense of smell is very strong, rivaled to that of a Canine.
Cold-Blooded. You have vulnerability to cold damage. Whenever you are in deep water that isn't otherwise heated, you take 1d6 cold damage for every 5 feet of swimming movement.
Languages. Common, Lamian
Subspecies. There are four main subspecies of lamia, of which you must choose one.

Subspecies

Humanbred
Humanbred are among the most common breeds of lamia in the world today. Their upper torsos are the most human out of all the other subspecies, aside from their snakelike eyes and slightly-elflike ears, and tend towards more human sensibilities. This subspecies represents the ideal balance between monster and human.
Ability Score Adjustment. Your Dexterity increases by 1.
Human Empathy. You have proficiency in the Persuasion skill.
Human Training. You are proficient with one additional weapon type of your choice.

Echidna
Echidnas are a subspecies of Lamia. Because more of their bodies are covered by scales compared to lamias, echidnas are more closely related to Lizardfolk. Their name means "viper women", and true to their name, they possess poisonous fangs inside their mouths. Their venom is a type of hemorrhagin (meaning that it breaks down blood vessels) and must be treated with caution. Their snake-like lower bodies are covered in a unique pattern reminiscent of vipers.
Ability Score Adjustment. Your Strength increases by 1.
Venomous Bite. You can use your action to make the following attack:
Venomous Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: Your Dexterity modifier + your proficiency modifier to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4 + your Dexterity modifier piercing damage and the target must make a Constitution save. The DC for this save is equal to 8 + your Constitution modifier + your proficiency bonus. The target takes an extra 1d6 poison damage on a failed save, and half as much on a successful save. This poison damage increases to 2d6 at 5th level, and increases again to 3d6 at 11th level.
After you use your venomous bite, you can't use it again until you complete a long or short rest.
Echidna Claws. Your unarmed strikes deal 1d4 slashing damage.

Medusa
Medusas are a subspecies of Lamia with snakes for hair. Also known as gorgons, in mythology, their gaze are said to turn creatures into stone, but in reality they possess no such ability. However, their gaze does seem to be very keen, and their glare makes living creatures unable to move, as though they indeed have been turned to stone. This is due to the fact that they have poor eyesight. They only appear to be glaring as they are only trying to see more clearly. Because their hair is made of snakes they are tragically troubled by the fact that they can't change their hairstyle.
Ability Score Adjustment. Your Charisma increases by 1.
Paralyzing Gaze. You may spend an action to channel your gaze against any creature within 30 feet of you that can see your eyes, forcing it to make a Constitution saving throw. The DC for this save is equal to 8 + your Constitution modifier + your proficiency bonus. The target becomes paralyzed on a failed save. At the start of the target's next turn, it regains mobility, but only moves at half speed. The target regains full mobility on the turn after that.
After you use your paralyzing gaze, you can't use it again until you complete a long or short rest. Your paralyzing gaze has no effect on huge or larger creatures.
Monstrous Appearance. You are proficient with the intimidation skill.

Melusine
Melusines are a lamia subspecies with dragon wings on their backs. In contrast to other lamia subspecies, they are more similar to sea snakes than terrestrial snakes and prefer to live by the shore. Sadly, their wings aren't strong enough to lift their long lower bodies, making said wings being more vestigial in nature.
Ability Score Adjustment. Your Intelligence increases by 1.
Sea Creature (replaces Cold-Blooded). You have a swim speed of 50 feet, and you are no longer vulnerable to cold damage. You also no longer take cold damage from swimming in deep water.
Bracing Wings. The support from your vestigial wings give you the advantage on Strength and Dexterity saving throws made against effects that would knock you prone.

First thing that struck me, other than an enraged girl's fist, was that you're assuming these are playable from 1st level and are reducing the characteristics to fit in better, which admittedly is something that I've always liked in a race. But, let's be honest, it is somewhat problematic when dealing with some of the bigger and stronger of these races. I mean, I can see harpies as a Lv1 starter race, less so centaurs or mermaids, not all at arachne or lamia.

Unless you refluffed them as a different, lesser class of monster from the norm that is already present in the system - arachne have been visible as choldriths, for example. That might work.

I'll certainly be keeping an eye on this topic, but I can't promise to be able to wrap my head around how best any of it should or could work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosHarbinger View Post
First thing that struck me, other than an enraged girl's fist, was that you're assuming these are playable from 1st level and are reducing the characteristics to fit in better, which admittedly is something that I've always liked in a race. But, let's be honest, it is somewhat problematic when dealing with some of the bigger and stronger of these races. I mean, I can see harpies as a Lv1 starter race, less so centaurs or mermaids, not all at arachne or lamia.

Unless you refluffed them as a different, lesser class of monster from the norm that is already present in the system - arachne have been visible as choldriths, for example. That might work.

I'll certainly be keeping an eye on this topic, but I can't promise to be able to wrap my head around how best any of it should or could work.
Well...having these races be playable from 1st-level kinda is the idea I'm trying to achieve. This is mostly an experiment on my part to how reasonably it can be done, so needless to say it's likely that these aren't entirely set in stone right now.

I actually have more than one if these monster races drafted up right now, but I'm looking to collect feedback on one race at a time before I post too many of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanaNari View Post
You're welcome.
Huh...didn't know this was a thing. Thank you.

Unfortunately, this appears to be for D&D 3.5. I'm trying to do this for 5th edition, and the monster races represented in Monster Musume are not quite the same as D&D's official interpretations of these creatures, so I'm not really sure if this will be much help.

Okay, so I kinda changed my mind about posting one monster race at a time. I just couldn't resist! So without further ado, here is the next monster race being submitted for anyone's review and comments: The Harpy! The next race will be posted Wednesday evening.

((For those uninitiated with Monster Musume, THESE harpies are not quite the same as D&D/WotC's interpretaion of these creatures in terms of design, so please keep that in mind.))

Harpy

The harpy is a mono-gendered (female) demi-human liminal race with the body of a human and the wings and talons of a bird. They colonize mountainsides and similar places. A pure and cheerful race that loves the blue sky and singing. Unfortunately, most of the time, they only sing for other harpies.

Physical Description
Harpies are among the lightest of the demi-human races because of their hollow bones. Some harpies lay 2-3 eggs each week. Even when in adulthood, harpies have childlike bodies (averaging 140 cm aka 4'6" in height). These bodies are ideally suited to flying through the air to prevent wind drag. Since they don't have hands, one might think daily life would be rather inconvenient; however, their talons and the claws on their wings are sufficient for most tasks. Harpies have poor night vision and thusly, rarely fly at night. Harpies can be omnivores or carnivores.

Harpy Traits
Ability Score Increase. Your Dexterity increases by 2.
Age. Harpies reach full maturity at 16, but live to be up to 200 years old.
Gender. Mono-gendered (female)
Alignment. Many are chaotic, some neutral, some both. All harpies keep some form of their wild self, be it in their neutrality, or their chaotic nature.
Size. Your size is medium. See the three subspecies below for specific average heights.
Speed. Your bird legs are only so-so for walking. Your base walking speed is 25 feet.
Harpy Talons. You have proficiency with unarmed strikes, which deal 1d4 slashing damage.
Harpy Wings. All harpies' upper limbs consist of bird wings of differing sizes and shapes. See the three main subspecies below to determine what kind of wings you have.
Grasping Talons. You have advantage on grapple checks while flying. On a successful grapple and on each of your turns that you maintain the grapple, the target takes 1d4 piercing damage from your talons. While you have a creature grappled in this way, you can attempt to lift the target into the air with you. Make a Strength (Athletics) or Dexterity (Acrobatics) check of DC 10 for a small creature, 14 for a medium creature, or 18 for a large creature. On a successful check, you can fly at your full speed. On a failure, you can only move half your speed. If your check is less than half of the required DC (5, 7, or 8 respectively), you are unable to lift the creature, and can only drag them along the ground. If you or your target end the grapple while airborne, the target falls.
Pinching Talons. You have a tendency to relieve individuals of the burdens of excess possessions. You have proficiency in the Slight of Hand skill.
Languages. Common
Subspecies. There are three known harpy subspecies, from which you must choose one.

Subspecies

Skysinger Harpy
Skysinger harpies are the most commonly-known subspecies of airborne harpy. Their slender, childlike bodies are well-suited to reducing wind drag while in flight. These harpies are especially well-known for their enchanting singing voices.
Ability Score Adjustment. Your Charisma increases by 1.
Size. Skysinger harpies tend to reach between 4 and 5 feet in height.
Skysinger Wings. You have a flying speed of 30 feet. You cannot fly if you are wearing armor heavier then light. Your fly speed is reduced to 15 feet if you are carrying a medium load, and you can't fly if you have a heavy load. You also cannot fly while holding a weapon with the claws on your wings.
Although you can wield most weapons with the talons and claws on your wings, you have disadvantage on attack rolls with heavy weapons, as their size and bulk make them too large for harpies to use effectively.
Luring Song. You can use your action to sing. Any humanoid or giant of your choice within 30 feet of you that can hear your song must make a Wisdom saving throw. The DC is 8 + your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus. On a failed save, the creature is charmed until the song ends. You must take a bonus action on your subsequent turns to continue singing. You can stop singing at any time. The song ends if you are incapacitated.
While charmed by a harpy, a target is incapacitated and ignores the songs of other harpies. If the charmed target is more than 5 feet away from you, the target can take the Dash action to move towards you. It doesn't avoid opportunity attacks, but can make repeat the saving throw before moving into dangerous terrain or after taking damage from a source other than the harpy by the most direct route. It doesn't avoid opportunity attacks, but before moving into damaging terrain and whenever it takes damage from a source other than you, a target can repeat the saving throw. A creature can also repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns. If a creature's saving throw is successful, the effect ends on it.
You cannot use this feature again until after your next long rest.

Landrunner Harpy
Landrunner harpies are a subspecies of harpy adapted for terrestrial life, like ostriches and emus. Their wings are small, but their bodies have evolved to be larger than humans. Using their thick, powerful legs, they can run at incredibly high speeds. Despite their large bodies and sharp claws, they are generally easygoing.
These harpies still have slight frames but are nearly twice the size of other harpies, making them quite tall. Their wings would be a little more dexterous than a common harpy's, as they do not have large pinions to obstruct movement. Land animal harpies are generally of a duller plumage than the colorful common harpies or patterned raptor harpies, but would also be more memorable and not as keen to forgetting things, as land travel requires greater use of landmarks than air travel. The same issue of crafting would affect them as any other harpy, and they likely have poultry harpies in their villages for the production of trade material.
Though still migratory to an extent, there would be far less distance covered by land harpies than other sorts when moving. Despite their flightless status, land harpy wings are far from weak, and would be able to carry moderate loads while running by wrapping around the items.
Ability Score Adjustment. Your Constitution increases by 1.
Size. Landrunners can be up to 7-8 feet tall.
Speed. Your base walking speed increases to 40 feet.
Landrunner Wings. Your wings are not capable of flight. However, they are more dextrous as a result, allowing you to wield heavy weapons with no attack roll penalties.
Landrunning Legs (replaces Grasping Talons). Due to your powerful legs, whenever you make a long jump, the total distance you travel is doubled.

Raptor Harpy
Raptor harpies are large eagle-or hawk-like harpy subspecies. Their bodies are very similar to human bodies. Though other subspecies are omnivorous, raptor harpies are strictly carnivores. They are proud and difficult to please, an unusual trait among the generally amicable harpies.
Raptor harpies have patterned plumage, such as found on hawks or owls, and do not have the giddy colors of common harpies or the simple uniform tones of land animal harpies. Raptor harpy wings are more angled than common harpy wings and are more adapted to swooping and cornering. As raptor harpies are purely carnivorous, their increased protein intake leads to their bodies being fuller and far less juvenile in appearance. Raptor harpy wings have very long pinions, and these would likely make them even less dexterous than common harpies.
As hunters, raptor harpies are strong and proud, and are not as easily-impressed by other harpies. Being a predator takes a degree of cunning and consistent knowledge of the terrain and situation, so raptor harpies would be the most intelligent of the harpy species, though that doesn't mean they're particularly smart by human standards.
Size. Raptor harpies grow to be about the same size of your average human female adult, unlike their more common kin.
Speed. Your base walking speed increases to 30 feet.
Raptor Talons (replaces Harpy Talons). Unarmed strikes with your talons now deal 1d6 slashing damage. This also applies to your Grasping Talons trait, and the DC required to lift a target into the air is reduced by 2.
Raptor Wings. In addition to your flying speed of 40 feet, your more powerful wings allow you to fly at half speed if you are wearing medium armor. Your fly speed is reduced to 15 feet if you are carrying a medium load, and you can't fly if you have a heavy load.
Unfortunately, your even longer wing pinions make it even more difficult to wield most weapons effectively. You have disadvantage on attack rolls with any simple or martial weapon that does not have the light property.

Hello again! The next monster player race is now available for your review, comments and feedback! Now presenting: The Centaur!

Centaur

The centaur are an extremely proud and strong-willed demi-human liminal race with the upper body of a human and the lower body of a horse. Herbivores, centaurs are normally found in grasslands and savannas, and are a race of nomads who become brave warriors in times of conflict. Their civilization is ancient, by far the oldest of all the humanoid races known to mankind.

Centaur Traits
Ability Score Increase. Your Strength score increases by 2.
Age. Centauroi experience rapid maturity, reaching physical maturity at age 3, so they are unlikely to live past 60-70 years.
Gender. Male/female
Alignment. Prone to maintaining ancient patterns and traditions while simultaneously defying formal societal order, centaurs tend toward neutrality in all regards.
Size. Most centaurs stand between 6 and 7 feet tall. Your size is medium.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 40 feet.
Hungry. You must eat four times as much, or four times as frequently, as a human. You must also drink twice as much or twice as frequently as a human. Failure to do so incurs starvation or dehydration.
Hunter's Arms. From your life of hunting and surviving in the wilds, you have proficiency with the Longbow. You also have proficiency in one skill: Athletics, Perception, Nature, or Survival.
Trample. If you move at least 30ft immediately before making a melee attack on your turn, the attack deals an extra 1d6 (4) damage on a hit. You must end your turn after making an attack in this way. At 5th level, your base walking speed increases by 5 feet, and your trample damage increases to 2d6. At 11th level, your base walking speed increases by another 5 feet, and your trample damage increases again to 3d6.
Hooves of Fury. You may attack with your hooves as though they were a weapon you are proficient with. Melee weapon attack: Reach 5 ft., 1 target.
Hit: 1d6 (4) bludgeoning damage.
Ungainly. Because of your body structure, you cannot easily ride another animal as a steed. Rather, you are considered to be mounted without the ability to dismount. You may only mount a steed that is at least two sizes larger than you and can support you while you are standing or kneeling.
Unlikely Clothing. Normal articles don't fit you, and your people do not clothe or armor themselves. Any garments you wish to wear must be custom-made with a material cost equal to the base item plus 50%. This does not include any service fee a craftsman may charge you.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write in Elven and Sylvan.
Subspecies. There are three centaur subspecies, from which you must choose one.

Subspecies

Middleweight Centaur
The middleweight species are by far the most prevalent and wide-spread Centaur ethnicity, representing countless individuals across the world. They are known for their natural survival skills and agility. They can best be thought of as the moderates of their race, and it has served them well. They recognize and value culture and society, but also recognize and value independence and freedom. They are the most populous of their kind, accounting for the vast majority and organizing themselves into huge migratory herds.
Ability Score Increase. Your Dexterity score increases by 1.
Long Legged. Your hooves attack has a reach of 10 ft.
Wilderness Warriors. Conflicts between centauri herds in the past have resulted in unique warfare strategies, using pikes as cavalry and anti-cavalry weapons all at once. You are proficient with the pike.
Nature Wanderer. Choose one environment (Swamp, Forest, Desert, Hill, Mountain and etc.). You have advantage in Perception and Investigation rolls related to that environment, plus you always know your way through that area and gain 10 feet speed while there.

Lightweight Centaur
Lightweight centaurs, known also as racing centaurs, are a centaur subspecies that excels at running. They are smaller than standard centaurs, with slimmer and tighter bodies. Though they approach their rank and records with a stoic attitude and love running, they are easily injured, and they devote much of their attention to studying health care. They can be rather moody, but this can be attributed to timidity or physical and mental innocence. Since their bodies are not as large, neither are their breasts.
Lightweight centaurs most often serve as scouts and messengers, but some also perform delicate work like tailoring or peddling. Given their necessary attention to health care, some lightweights also serve as doctors and therapists for their community.
Ability Score Increase. Your Wisdom score increases by 1.
Normalized. Your eating habits resemble those of an average human.
Nimble Frame. Whenever you take the Dodge action during combat, your AC increases by 2 until the start of your next turn.
Health Knowledge. You have proficiency in the Medicine skill.

Heavyweight Centaur
Heavyweight centaurs are the most muscular of the centaur subspecies. They are so powerful that they can move around unimpeded even while wearing heavy armor, while some apply their strength to farming and agriculture in times of peace. They are the largest and most muscular of the centaurs, and their legs are far thicker than those of other centaur subspecies. However, most are gentle, good-natured, yet absent-minded and they are often dim-witted.
Ability Score Increase. your Constitution score increases by 1.
Heavyweight Frame. Strength requirements for you to wear heavy armor are reduced by 2. Encumbrance brought about by any armor or equipment you are wearing or carrying is reduced by half.
Bulky. You are a Large size character, Giving you an extra 1d6 to your Hooves of Fury ability damage.
Heavy Hitter. You have proficiency with heavy weapons.

Hello once again! The fourth part of my series is now ready for your review and comments! Now presenting: The Awakened Slime!

Awakened Slime

The slime is a liminal race whose bodies are composed almost entirely of a gelatinous substance. This particular species is a rare, almost unheard of, variety of Slime that mimics the appearance of a human male or female, though in reality, they have no true gender.

Slime Traits
Ability Score Increase. Your Charisma increases by 1.
Age. Due to their physiology, slimes are effectively immortal.
Gender: Androgynous; Slimes can simply appear as either male or female.
Alignment. Awakened slimes most often lean towards chaotic neutral.
Size. Awakened slimes are about the same size as regular humans, though their height and proportions tend to vary based on their subspecies, and based on how much water they've absorbed into their bodies at a given time.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
Ooze Body. You are considered to be an ooze-type creature, and you have resistance to bludgeoning and piercing damage. You also have the ability to shapeshift into an oozing amorphous form, although you will drop all equipment you are carrying or wearing by doing so. While you are in this ooze form, you cannot be restrained, and you can move through spaces as narrow as 1 inch wide without squeezing.
Water Dilution. While you are in deep water, you take 1d8 damage for every 5 feet of swimming movement.
Mind Reading. Once a day, you can touch another creature's head with the slime feeler atop your head, allowing you to cast detect thoughts on that specific creature with no component cost. You cannot use this ability again until after your next long rest.
Languages. Common
Subspecies. Slime come in multiple different colors, representing different species of slime. You must choose one of the following slime subspecies:

Subspecies

Blue Slime
The most common form of awakened slime, blue slimes are often cold to the touch due to their place of origin.
Ability Score Increase. Your Dexterity increases by 2.
Frigid Ooze. You have resistance to cold damage.

Red Slime
Red slimes are more acidic and volatile than normal slimes, and their bodies contain more digestive juices. They are smaller than standard slimes and have more aggressive personalities, and are known for their acrid behavior and remarks. It is believed that they developed acidic bodies capable of digesting just about anything to adapt to life in environments with little edible matter.
Ability Score Increase. Your Strength increases by 2.
Caustic Ooze. You have resistance to fire damage.

Green Slime
Green slimes are a poisonous slime subspecies. Due to the toxins constantly bubbling, they are always surrounded by floating bubbles. It is believed that they are poisonous because they live in forests with many poisonous animals and plants. They subconsciously sprinkle their conversions with venomous remarks. Perhaps due to the water-soluble poison in their bodies, they have trouble holding their form and have more difficulty maintaining a complete human form.
Ability Score Increase. Your Wisdom increases by 2.
Poisonous Ooze. You have resistance to poison damage.

Pink Slime
Pink slimes are a rare slime subspecies that lives in flower fields. They consume nectar and soft flower buds, making them give off a sweet nectar-like scent. It is unknown what they do when flowers are not blooming. They are able to acquire nutrients effortlessly and have very upbeat and optimistic personalities.
Galvanized Ooze. You have resistance to shock damage.

Black Slime
Black slimes are slimes that come from swampy habitats. Sometimes however, other slimes can also be turned black after their homes become polluted by waste. Though they often make dark and satirical comments on society, they are not careful with their word choices and don't generally understand what they are saying. In spite of their higher than average intelligence, most black slimes have a bit of a violent streak compared to the other subspecies.
Ability Score Increase. Your Intelligence increases by 2.
Acidic Ooze. You have resistance to acid damage.

Greetings one and all! The fifth part of my series is now ready for your review and comments! Now presenting: The Arachne!

Arachne

The Arachne are a demi-human liminal race with the upper body of a human and the lower body of a spider. As carnivores, arachne are physically strong and fast. Arachne are most noted for being able to create a silk that is five times stronger than steel and extremely elastic. They can also produce variants of the silk, ranging from sticky, stretchy, to tough to suit whatever situation is required. While most commonly used to catch and bind prey, arachne can also use their silk to form a network of threads to sense vibrations.

Arachne Traits
Age. Roughly the same lifespan as elves.
Gender. Male/female
Alignment. Primarily neutral, as they try to keep to themselves a lot.
Size. Arachne have varying heights and leg spans, depending on their subspecies. Unless you are a small breed, your size is Large.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet. You also ignore movement restraints presented by webbing.
Keen Senses. You are proficient in Perception.
Sharp Claws. Your unarmed strikes deal 1d4 slashing damage.
Spider Climb. You can walk on difficult surfaces such as walls, or upside down on ceilings with permanent advantage on all related ability checks.
Spider Half. You cannot use objects that natural humanoids can below the waist (such as boots, pants, or anything like that, with the exception of custom made armor). You also cannot use mounts.
Natural Armor. When not wearing armor, your AC is 11 + your Dexterity modifier.
Languages. Common, Undercommon
Subspecies. You belong to one of the following subspecies of arachne:

Subspecies

Webweaving Breed
Webweaving breeds are the most common subspecies of arachne, being only slightly taller than the average human. These hardworking creatures can spin webs and weave fabric in a variety of different patterns, which largely depend on the arachne doing the weaving.
Ability Score Adjustment. Your Wisdom increases by 1.
Size. Webweavers can be up to 6-7 feet tall and almost as wide.
Spider Webbing. You can either spend 1 hour to coat an entire room in webs, or you can use your action to make the following attack:
Shoot Webbing. Ranged Weapon Attack: Your Dexterity modifier + your proficiency modifier to hit, range 30 ft., one target.
Hit: You successfully restrain the target with your webbing. The webs have AC 10+ your proficiency bonus, HP 10.
Alternatively, you can use your Spider Webbing to spend half the normal time required to craft a mundane article of cloth clothing.
After you use your spider webbing through any of the above methods, you can't use it again until you complete a long or short rest.

Small Breed
Small breeds are smaller in size and more lightweight than the standard Arachne. Their legs are short, but they can move much faster than standard arachne, and they are good at jumping and full of energy. Instead of spinning webs, these Arachne wander around on the ground in search of prey. They can produce thread, but they only use it to stop their descent when they fall from high places.
Size. Small breed arachne are roughly 3 feet tall, and almost as wide. Your size is Medium.
Speed. Your base walking speed increases to 40 feet.
Jumping Spider. Whenever you make a long or high jump, the total distance you travel is doubled. If you are falling, you can make a dexterity check to catch yourself by using your smaller spider threads. On a success, you stop falling, and can use your movement action to climb up or down your thread on your next turn.

Long-legged Breed
Long Legged Breeds are a large subspecies with thinner and longer legs than standard Arachne. These large Arachne are mild-mannered. They cannot produce thread, but they move surprisingly quickly to secure their prey. Their hunting instincts are so powerful that they will sometimes abandon the prey they have captured to pursue new prey.
Ability Score Adjustment. Your Dexterity increases by 1.
Size. Long-legged breed arachne can be up to 7-8 feet tall, and just as wide, if not slightly more so.
Long Legged Hunter. You have the advantage on Strength and Dexterity saving throws made against effects that would knock you prone. You also have advantage on any Survival checks made to track other creatures.
Capture Tactics. You have advantage on checks made to grapple other creatures, and you may use either your Strength or Dexterity to do so.

Large Breed
Large Breeds are far larger than standard Arachne with thick legs and a covering of hair. Most members of this breed are very wild and aggressive. In addition to being strong, they also have venom, making them extremely dangerous to approach without caution.
Ability Score Adjustment. Your Strength increases by 1.
Size. Large breed arachne can be up to 8-9 feet tall, and almost as wide.
Large Claws (replaces Sharp Claws). You have proficiency in your unarmed strikes, which now deal 1d6 slashing damage. However, your hands are now too cumbersome to properly wield *light* or *finesse* weapons.
Venomous Bite. You can use your action to make the following attack:
Venomous Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: Your Dexterity modifier + your proficiency modifier to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4 + your Dexterity modifier piercing damage and the target must make a Constitution save. The DC for this save is equal to 8 + your Constitution modifier + your proficiency bonus. The target takes an extra 1d8 poison damage on a failed save, and half as much on a successful save. This poison damage increases to 2d8 at 11th level.
After you use your venomous bite, you can't use it again until you complete a long or short rest.
Fortified Silk. You can spray webbing at creatures the same way Webweavers can, and the AC and HP of your spider webbing both increase by +2.

Hello again! The sixth part of my series is now ready for your review and comments! Now presenting: The Scylla!

Scylla

Scylla, also known as Cecaelia, are a demihuman liminal race with the upper body of a human and the lower body of an octopus.
The Scylla are thought of as an aggressively solitary species that reside within underwater caves and ocean-borne cliff faces; however, some myths claim that the Scylla share a symbiotic partnership with the whirlpool-producing Charybdis.
The race also have a somewhat-unfair reputation of being sea witches, possessing vast power over the ocean tides, weather and moon. In reality, there is no actual truth to these claims.

Scylla Traits
Ability Score Increase. Your Dexterity increases by 2, and one other ability score increases by 1.
Age. Roughly the same lifespan as elves.
Gender. Male/female
Alignment. Scylla tend to range from neutral to chaotic.
Size. Scylla range from 7-8 feet in actual height, although they can appear much taller due to the fact that their tentacles are so stretchable. Your size is medium.
Speed. You have a base walking speed of 25 feet, and a base swimming speed of 40 feet.
Amphibious. You can breathe both air and water.
Prehensile Tentacles. Each of your eight tentacles are dexterous enough to grasp small objects and simple tools. You can also use your tentacles to make an unarmed attack against another creature up to 10 feet away. You have proficiency in this unarmed attack, and you deal 1d4 bludgeoning damage on hit.
Finally, your tentacles also give you advantage on ability checks made to grapple creatures that are your size or smaller.
Slippery. The layer of slime covering your rubbery skin makes you naturally slippery. You have advantage on Dexterity checks made to escape being grappled.
Ink Jet. You may use your action to spew a jet of black ink at a creature within 30 feet of you. You are proficient in this ranged attack, which uses Decterity for your attack roll. On a successful hit, the target is blinded for 1 minute. Creatures with blindsight or tremorsense cannot be blinded by this ability.
If you are underwater, using this ability will instead create a 30-foot cone of inky black smoke, which completely obscures normal vision within its area for 1 minute. This has no effect on creatures with truesight, blindsight, or tremorsense.
Using your ink jet consumes your internal supply for the day, which will replenish itself after the next dawn has passed.
Languages. Common, Aquan