Shadow Stream: Personal Art Thread - Page 13 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Creative Corner

Post your creative works here and show off your talent!

Shadow Stream: Personal Art Thread

Inktober 2016!

Decided to participate in the Inktober challenge for 2016. I opted for the half-marathon (an ink drawing every other day in October). I'm behind on my quota, but you can follow my progress on Instagram @rgramosart! Here are a few so far:

inktober3_rgramos.jpg

inktober4_rgramos.jpg

inktober6_rgramos.jpg

BlueShaine, thank-you! I really appreciate the feedback.

Valiyn, I'd love to! Do you have any recommendations for a begginer?

No problem, and I can contribute small tips for pen and ink, myself. I haven't played with brushwork, sadly.

Keep a test sheet to make the initial stroke so it can blot freely without messing up your pencil lines. Might need a second sheet to soak up bleeding through the page, depending on your paper quality. My last tip was from another artist, and that's to keep the inkwell sitting stably in a few sponges cut to hold it, which I have in a tin - harder to explain without a picture, but I've got nothing so pardon that part.
I am by no means skilled at inking at the moment; I've gotten out of the sketching habit in a bad way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowStalker View Post
Valiyn, I'd love to! Do you have any recommendations for a begginer?
Lots and lots of practice. You'll find what tools work for you. I personally am a big fan of using brushes (coming from someone who is part painter though....), and the G-Nib (although that's hard to get a hold of). The #102 and #107 nibs are pretty commonly used. And of course there is digital inking.

Sadly, inking is my worst area....but lets see if you can't learn something from me anyways. Incoming PM!

For me personally with a different kind of drawing style than you I really like your skill, however there are indeed areas that need improvement just like i need tons upon tons of improvement. With your renders they look semi dull, not as lifelike as they should and even the ones that should show movement don't. You have ample amount of skill and i would love to see you improve. Try studying up on capturing movement and doing dynamic poses. Don't just focus on the view you are showing imagine all of the 3d plane. On the image of the guy holding a sword i'd recommend altering the shoulder knees and arm/ where the elbows are as He looks like a stone statue as still as a mountain. enless that's what you are going for.

not meaning to sound rude or offensive at all just trying to be constructive