A base 10 living in a Binary World

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The Shattered World

Shattered World - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e

Hi, I'm Maes
I'm 37
I'm a chef
I work 60 hours a week. If you're looking for a game with a fast pace, this is not the game for you.
If you're willing to commit to a 1 or 2 post per week rate, with the understanding that my schedule may dictate even longer pauses than that, then this might just be the game for you.

Setting: Homebrew, fairly generic fantasy world

Character Creation Rules

Game style: 3.5 D&D e6
DM style: I've been called a killer DM. To me, that simply means that I will be throwing lethal challenges at the party. Your survival is not guaranteed. Plan accordingly.

I am looking for 3-5 players, who are willing to start with almost nothing, and become epic heroes destined to save the world.

Game Description:

Welcome to Ophene, a simple town at the center of The Labyrinth. Long ago, a great evil awakened and threatened to destroy the world. Many lives were lost, and the gods were stolen from us. All would have been lost if not for the powers of the World Tree, and the heroine, Ophelia. From the ashes of a charred and battered world, Ophelia gained the power of the World Tree, Yggdrasil, and faced the Lord of Shadows in a battle to decide the fate of existence itself.

Gaze upon the symbol of Ophene, the giant tree Yggdrasil from which all life springs, and to which all life must eventually return. For it is said, that should Yggdrasil whither, or fall, that the Lord of Shadows will be freed to once again bring death to all creation.

Is this real life? Is this just fantasy? I'm not sure if this is real, or if this is a dream. And if it's a dream, is it mine, or is it someone else's? If this is a dream, then what happens when the dreamer awakens? Is that the moment you die?

Last edited by steampunkadept; Feb 22 '19 at 3:26am..
What kind of game are you looking towards? Is this a dungeon crawl? A really talk-heavy drama?

Its a lil sparse right now

Yeah sorry about that.
Long days and all that.

Anyways, there will be dungeon crawling, and there will hopefully be a good deal of scene play. I'd like to aim for a more 50/50 balance between the two, with combat taking up about 15-25% of the campaign as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veldri_Nizzre View Post
Starting level... 0?
Level zero is defined in this game as a level 1 commoner with -500 xp
As soon as you reach 0 xp you level up to 1, and may take proper class levels.

This is designed as an e6 or Epic 6 campaign, where the party starts out as common folk, and eventually become mighty heroes.

Nice to see you, Steam. Looks fun, but I don't play 6e. Have a blast!

I might throw my hat in. This is 3.5edition yes?

Yes, this is 3.5

Update
Applications will close Monday, March 4th