United States Third Presidential Debate - Page 5 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Worldly Talk

Civil discussion and debate on real world events and issues.

United States Third Presidential Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ben View Post
And others agree. Economics isn't a field in which there is much consensus.
Which notable ones? Note that the ideologue poser Schiff, who has no academic background in the field whatsoever and is not actually an economist (besides being a terrible money manager I'd never refer a client to), doesn't count. What's the degree of support? Can you cite a panel?

Here's mine, which is non-partisan and inclusive of the most
"John Bates Clark Medalists, fellows of the Econometric society, past Presidents of both the American Economics Association and American Finance Association, past Democratic and Republican members of the President's Council of Economics, and past and current editors of the leading journals in the profession."
prominent economists in the United States and the world, from top level institutions/universities:

http://www.igmchicago.org/igm-econom...w5O9LNJL1oz4Xi

Further, looking forward, how do you account for an almost unanimous consensus of economists from the Initiative of Global Markets panel who refute the basic logic and assertions of Romney's plan?

http://www.igmchicago.org/igm-econom...irlrss5UC27YXi

The moderator sounded mad just now. "Can we get back to foreign policy?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus75 View Post
The moderator sounded mad just now. "Can we get back to foreign policy?"
This is American democracy. Of course not.

So far Obama seems to have a more nuanced view of foreign policy. The more reasoned debater so far as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savayan View Post
So far Obama seems to have a more nuanced view of foreign policy. The more reasoned debater so far as well.
Meh. It's more or less even. Obama might have a slight lead.

I can't believe Romney completely refused to answer a question. To me he has shown he is not prepared to handle a situation that could potentially lead to WWIII. I wish the moderator would have forced both of them to answer the question instead of letting Romney derail the subject. It could have been very telling.

Note that he has consistently been saying that they decimated their core leadership. Of course they'll chose new leaders, to get rid of their entire leadership structure they'd have to kill them down to the cell level. Good luck with that one.

It was a joke. One of the meanings of decimate is to select by lot and kill every tenth man of so I was being humorous rather than making a policy statement about his history.