The Walking Dead -Season 2 - Page 12 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

The Walking Dead -Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husk View Post
I finally got around to the first episode of season 2, haven't got any further yet.

Couple things that stood out to me:

The opening monologue was very long and a lackluster performance.

Became a long form product placement advert for Gerber.

What was going on with the kid and the deer in the woods? It looked like they were waiting for him to climb on its back and ride away.

I do agree with most of what has been said, first half was pretty good and then kind of derailed in the woods.
My guess is they were trying to do a whole, "Look at the life/beauty in the midst of the death surrounding us," sort of thing, though admittedly it did come off a bit awkward.

Quote:
sounds like I should just be reading the comic instead.
That's what I did. It's a really good read. It's still ongoing, too. I still watch the show every sunday, but it's easy to get disillusioned while keeping up with both.

Quote:
I finally got around to the first episode of season 2, haven't got any further yet.

Couple things that stood out to me:

The opening monologue was very long and a lackluster performance.

Became a long form product placement advert for Gerber.

What was going on with the kid and the deer in the woods? It looked like they were waiting for him to climb on its back and ride away.

I do agree with most of what has been said, first half was pretty good and then kind of derailed in the woods.
Husk, if you've ever walked up on a deer and got as close as possible to it without it running away, you'd understand. It is an almost magical feeling. It's happened to me twice, just like that. You're walking along and then -wham- there it is. Not far fetched at all.

Oh, and my HO on Shane. He was completing the mission. Otis' expendability was inherent in that he was the cause of the mission anyway. However, with Shane's obsession with order, why didn't he think they'd need a diversion to get out of the trailer? DUH, you needed one to get in!

I've seen plenty deer in many situations and I agree they can be majestic, but my point is the scene was very ham-fisted, we got the idea in the first 5 seconds, and no wild animal would hang around that long. It makes sense now that wasn't really the purpose it was just an excuse for the kid to get shot. I'm going to have to take a look at the books, it sounds like I'd like them a bit better.

And Otis shot a deer. Thats the only thing he is guilty of, there just happened to be a kid hiding on the other side of it.

Deer don't see in the same way we do. They key in mostly on movement and if you are downwind and move only when the deer's head is down, you can get very close. There is a difference between seeing a majestic animal and walking to within a few feet of it before it sees you. I think it was a very apt situation if you needed to have one in which a child gets shot. What ten year old boy wouldn't be completely hypnotized in that situation. It is Georgia after all.

And Otis didn't clear his field of fire and used WAY too much gun for a whitetail.

Also, completely disagree with the bullet fragmenting after it hit Carl. If the bullet was going to break apart, it would have happened at the point of greatest impact, i.e. the deers ribcage, not Carl's stomach.

AHAHAHAHAHAH!!! AHAHAHA!!!!!

I'm sorry, but as much as that sucked for Daryl, maybe this will make Andrea shut her freaking mouth about wanting to carry around a gun.