The Walking Dead -Season 2 - Page 11 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

The Walking Dead -Season 2

Every episode of season 2 so far has felt immensely lacking, almost as if they were half-episodes and the second portion is just nowhere to be found.
That, and as you said, they are so dumb it can be painful to watch at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarium View Post
Every episode of season 2 so far has felt immensely lacking, almost as if they were half-episodes and the second portion is just nowhere to be found.
That, and as you said, they are so dumb it can be painful to watch at times.
The thing is, the first season was packed like hell with action and tension. It feels like, for this season, they're taking the same amount of content and trying to stretch it out to last for double the number of episodes.

Like this whole Sophia thing just as an example. At this point, I'm just like "I don't care, just leave her. She's probably dead already anyway."

I totally disagree. I think Season 2 has been good so far. I like the dark turns it has taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farland View Post
I totally disagree. I think Season 2 has been good so far. I like the dark turns it has taken.
*Shrugs* I don't mind the direction it's going (despite some notable differences, the show is more or less sticking to the comic's storyline). My issue is how incredibly slowly they're doing it.

I just think the pacing was a lot better in the first season.

I have to disagree, I kind of like that slow pace they got going now, gives a proper feel for the whole situation, where as before, it did come off as a slightly trigger happy group of people, the less action, slower pace and more character development, really makes it better in my opinion.

What I like about season two is that the zombies are not the focus. In fact that has been what is good about the whole series. Zombies are simply an environmental hazard, like bad weather. So the fact that the main concern of the show is character development and character relationships make it worth watching.

I finally got around to the first episode of season 2, haven't got any further yet.

Couple things that stood out to me:

The opening monologue was very long and a lackluster performance.

Became a long form product placement advert for Gerber.

What was going on with the kid and the deer in the woods? It looked like they were waiting for him to climb on its back and ride away.

I do agree with most of what has been said, first half was pretty good and then kind of derailed in the woods.