The Walking Dead -Season 2 - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

The Walking Dead -Season 2

If you are a reader of the TWD, you knew it was coming . . . sometime. That "WTF" moment is just too good to pass up on screen, but I did not see it coming there. I actually yelped out loud when it happened.

OK, so here's my take on it - the first 20-25 minutes were absolutely fantastic and I found I was actually really tense and - do I say it - AFRAID - as that whole opening scene played out (trying to avoid spoilers ). I was literally on the edge of my couch and could actually feel how tense I was! That was very cool.

However, after that the rest of the episode seemed to be just average - not bad, not good - just so-so.
Just my 2 cents, I'll still wind up watching the rest of the season more than likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mask101 View Post
OK, so here's my take on it - the first 20-25 minutes were absolutely fantastic and I found I was actually really tense and - do I say it - AFRAID - as that whole opening scene played out (trying to avoid spoilers ). I was literally on the edge of my couch and could actually feel how tense I was! That was very cool.

However, after that the rest of the episode seemed to be just average - not bad, not good - just so-so.
Just my 2 cents, I'll still wind up watching the rest of the season more than likely.
If the episode had been only 60 minutes, I think it probably would have been more effective. But then again, I love all the "family" drama stuff. I eat that up like zombies eat brains. :-)

Besides my one minor spoiler, I must say I enjoyed the whole episode. The grimy details and family building are what I love about it.

The walking horde was a bit off but otherwise it was a great start to season 2. Looking forward to this Sunday with eager anticipation.

The herd encounter had me on the edge of my seat, for sure. That kind of tension is exactly what a zombie drama needs. The second act, to me, wasn't that interesting, the zombie gutting as a particular low point. It could've been done so much more 'realistic'. But the WTF cliffhanger left me excited for the next episode.

I just hope the show rebounds nicely from the last season's incredibly disappointing finale.

Been a fan of the comics from before the series... I agree with a previous posters comments that it gets to be a bit of a downer after the prison, but really did enjoy the books...

Loved series one, (you american's say season instead of series right?), only disappointed by the amount of episodes. Great start to series two. Forgotten how much I missed it!

Going through a whole zombie fetish thing at the moment, and playing dead island... heh.