I Sense a Great Disturbance in the Force. - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

I Sense a Great Disturbance in the Force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsgottabeodin View Post
George Lucas won't be at the helm, so at least the (future) movies might have a chance.
It was Lucas that was terrible, Star Wars IP was always great.

From the lips of the man himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyqlT...ature=youtu.be

Also keep in mind that Mirmax used to be owned by Dinsey and that didn't stop them from doing some pretty banging movies at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchslasher View Post
Does this make Princess Leia officially a disney princess?
I've said this before, but...

She HAS to sing. Being a Disney Princess is hard work and you gotta have some pipes, man!

"I Wanna Be Where the Ewoks Are"

"Han Solo and the Beast"

"Imperial Nights"

"The Circle (Is Now Complete)"

"Don't Kiss the Girl (She's You're Sister, Weirdo)"

"One Step (Ahead of the Empire)"

"Be Our Test"

"Can You Feel the Force Tonight?"

Leia has her work cut out for her.

I wonder if the sequel will have any of the same characters. I wonder how badly they'll trample the Extended Universe. I wonder if they'll be any good.

Apparently they got Indiana Jones in the deal, also.

Wait... so people assume Disney will screw it up? I guess my initial reaction was that finally a brand with some sense in making movies will own, and protect, the brand. I mean Disney is going to ensure the Star Wars brand is protected for decades to come. And they won't hire Lucas to direct it.

Disney is far, FAR, more than just animated musicals. They have quite a diverse set of movies. I enjoyed John Carter more than I enjoyed any of the 3 new SW films. And I know nothing of the story other than the movies. They're not going to spend $4b on Lucasfilms and change Star Wars into something it's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkrough View Post
Apparently they got Indiana Jones in the deal, also.
Yeah, they bought Lucasfilms, not just Star Wars. I would assume they get the video games, etc too. Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe can get remade! X-Wing vs TIE Fighter too!

My problem is not so much about the idea of the movies possibly sucking even worse than the prequels (I don't know what to think about that). I just think that Disney are evil in general and I don't like good things happening to them.

Disney didn't buy Lucas Films. Disney bought Lucas Ltd. That means Disney owns the whole kitten kabootle. They own Lucasfilm, Industrial Light and Magic, Skywalker Sound, LucasArts, LucasFilm Animation, Lucas Licensing, Lucas Online, LucasFilm Singapore, and anything else attached to Lucas Ltd.

http://www.lucasfilm.com/divisions/

Disney just landed the Film industries best music and special effects companies in the world. Probably the best that money can buy. I wonder if they will meld the capabilities of Lucas Ltd into making the Marvel movies that much better.

Who knows what Ep 7 will be like. So long as the Vong do not exist, I'll probably be fine.