My Custom Pathfinder Race - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

My Custom Pathfinder Race

My Custom Pathfinder Race

After a fairly protracted process of development, and with some much-appreciated help, I've come up with stats for my own custom species for use in Pathfinder. I'm wondering what people think of it, and indeed, if any of you would ever consider using it in a game (if so, feedback is appreciated!).

Afkett (Pathfinder Stats):

For those who are interested, I also have a D&D 3.5e version of these stats available.

So, obviously, what do you think? And also, has anyone else made any custom races they're proud of? What tips might you have?

(also, if the mods feel this is in the wrong forum, feel free to move or delete it)

It's the Gnome/Halfling version of Tian-Xia's Kitsune! Not anymore powerful than any of the other Small sized races so I personally like it.

P.S. This would most likely rather have been put in the Homebrew section in the Creative Corner Forum.

Glad you like it! I figured I'd break some of the established stereotypes for small races (slow speed, long life expectancy, etc), and I enjoy storytelling and such, so...

>.< And I guess I was expecting someone to say that... sort of wasn't sure, but for some reason I figured this was more gaming related.
If you think it pertinent, I could ask to have this thread removed/closed and move the info over there...

You did a good job on this race, Autofox! I might quibble as the assignment of some of the numbers (why not just grant them 30' movement instead of the odd 25'?) but its perfectly playable. More important then the numbers you didn't neglect the background and descriptions of the race...lots of times you see fan created races with just numbers.

^^ I'm glad you like the back-story! I actually wrote that stuff before I came up with any of the stats; I actually had to trim it down quite a bit, I literally have a 22 page word doc (minus the stats!) on these guys...

I actually arrived at the 25' by a suggestion by my friend. It was originally 30' (the Afkett are good sprinters), but most small races have a base speed of 20', so I compromised.
I could switch it back to '30 if you think it's a good idea...

I believe kobolds are an example of a small LA-0 race with 30' speed. So its not unprecedented. I believe goblins as well but don't quote me on that.

I like the concept though, i've always had an affinity for the desert races. Ive got this Desert kobold bard character i've always wanted to try. haven't come across any desert campaigns though

Well, technically they're not strictly a desert race... I just used Fennec foxes because I like 'em, but the Afkett aren't really limited to one environment. True, they tend to be best suited for deserts, but in practice they can be found all over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoFox View Post
^^ I'm glad you like the back-story! I actually wrote that stuff before I came up with any of the stats; I actually had to trim it down quite a bit, I literally have a 22 page word doc (minus the stats!) on these guys...

I actually arrived at the 25' by a suggestion by my friend. It was originally 30' (the Afkett are good sprinters), but most small races have a base speed of 20', so I compromised.
I could switch it back to '30 if you think it's a good idea...
Yeah...30' would be good. 25 just seems awkward to judge when you have armor modifiers.

For that matter I would change the +3 skill bonuses down to +2 as well. I don't recall any official race that gives a +3 in the core. Its a nitpick but I like sticking with precedents when I build stuff like this.