Keep On The Borderlands? But...There's a Twist! - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Keep On The Borderlands? But...There's a Twist!

Micro Keep On The Borderlands?

So, here's the pitch... If there's enough interest, I'm considering running a game in the near future of KotBL. The catch is this. It's not OD&D Basic, B/X, or BECMI. It's not another 'typical' retro-clone.

Rather, it would be run using a super simple system, I'm considering either Dinky Dungeons or Swords & Wizardry Light (Both can be found for free). The rules for either are about 2 pages long. Although S&W Light does have a follow up, Continual Light, that adds a few additional options and rules for leveling up higher.

Did I catch your interest? Wanna run some old-school mess with some of the fastest, most minimal rules around? Wanna just run through dungeons, and get rich or die trying?

This would be minimal on the storyline unless the players advance it after the initial play starts, mostly dungeon crawl and wilderness exploration. Basically hack-n-slash, get rich or die trying type play...it's old-school so there's always emphasis on the "or die trying" part lol. Anyhow, throw up a reply if this sounds like your cup of cockatrice blood tea!

Hey Houston. I love KotB so couldn't pass on a chance to revisit. System to me is secondary and the easier to learn the better.

Awesome guys, That's 3 interested! If we can pull one more interest I'll start putting the game together! Probably take a couple of weeks to actually start from there but maybe find an additional player in the meantime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djinnoxide View Post
I'd put my hat in, but not until after the holidays.
Awesome. It would be after Christmas at least before the game officially started anyway, though I'd probably put the game forum and info together beforehand depending on how my coming days go

I've never actually played a real "Old-School" D&D, I'm pretty young as far as gamers go, so I'd totally be up for running through a blast from the past like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocknRollFTW View Post
I've never actually played a real "Old-School" D&D, I'm pretty young as far as gamers go, so I'd totally be up for running through a blast from the past like this.
You haven't gamed til you've had to roll your stats straight 3d6 down the line in order lol!