Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

New pathfinder sheet

The Touch/CMD/FCMD bug is still effecting my character sheets. It also changes values if you edit Dex score/Temp Dex score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvcrimsajadevx View Post
It also changes values if you edit Dex score/Temp Dex score.
I don't play PF but I think that Dex is supposed to affect AC.

Quote:
The Touch/CMD/FCMD bug is still effecting my character sheets.
Show me. I'll need a link to the problem sheet as my test sheets work now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plugsy View Post
I don't play PF but I think that Dex is supposed to affect AC.
Here's a link to the SRD: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemasterin...OC-Armor-Class

Perhaps (?) inzeos meant that it wasn't limiting the DEX mod properly according to the limitations of the armor. I can test the sheet in that respect in about an hour and a half, just not right now.

Quote:
It also changes values if you edit Dex score/Temp Dex score.
The CMD is supposed to change with Dex. CMD is calculated as follows:

CMD = 10 + Base attack bonus + Strength modifier + Dexterity modifier + special size modifier + miscellaneous modifiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaBear View Post
Perhaps (?) inzeos meant that
Don't think you mean inzeos, but anyway, my point was this:
I read "It" in the sentence "It also changes values if you edit Dex score/Temp Dex score" to mean "the sheet" , and changing Dex is supposed to change things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
The CMD is supposed to change with Dex.
Which it does.
Quote:
CMD is calculated as follows:
CMD = 10 + Base attack bonus + Strength modifier + Dexterity modifier + special size modifier + miscellaneous modifiers
That's fine as instructions for a human who can interpret what "miscellaneous modifiers" means. To me it seems like the way I've interpreted those miscellaneous modifiers is correct unless someone tells me I'm wrong. Unfortunately it wasn't possible in all cases to base calculations on the fields the SRD gives because it resulted in circular references

Quote:
Don't think you mean inzeos, but anyway, my point was this:
I read "It" in the sentence "It also changes values if you edit Dex score/Temp Dex score" to mean "the sheet" , and changing Dex is supposed to change things.
Oops! Yes, I meant xvcrimsajadevx.

You're right about AC being affected by the DEX score, so I was suggesting that perhaps xvcrimsajadevx was pointing out a different problem, which I'll try to detail below.

Different types of armor will cap how much the character's AC can be improved by DEX. That's what the "Max Dex" field in the Armor/Protective Item block is for. Ideally, ticking the "Worn" box for an armor would check the "Max Dex" field and then make sure that the AC calculation didn't involve a dexterity modifier higher than what that field allowed. In other words, the AC calculation [ACDex] would use the lower of the following two: the character's DEX Mod [DexMod], or the value in the "Max Dex" field [ArmorDex].

I just checked one of my Pathfinder sheets, and it doesn't currently work that way--at least on my sheet. Altering the character's DEX Score or DEX Temp Score will affect AC beyond the supposed limitations of the armor being worn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaBear View Post
I just checked one of my Pathfinder sheets, and it doesn't currently work that way-
This is true.

Nobody has ever told me this needs to happen but I can't think of any problems implementing it. Can't say for certain until I get home but if it's doable I'll look at it later today.

Quote:
That's fine as instructions for a human who can interpret what "miscellaneous modifiers" means. To me it seems like the way I've interpreted those miscellaneous modifiers is correct unless someone tells me I'm wrong. Unfortunately it wasn't possible in all cases to base calculations on the fields the SRD gives because it resulted in circular references
Sorry Plugsy, I was just trying to explain to xvcrimsajadevx that Dex was involved in CMD calulcation. If this helps though here are the "miscellaneous modifiers" that the rules refer to:
A creature can also add any circumstance, deflection, dodge, insight, luck, morale, profane, and sacred bonuses to AC to its CMD. Any penalties to a creature's AC also apply to its CMD. A flat-footed creature does not add its Dexterity bonus to its CMD.

Quote:
... I was working on a much more advanced pathfinder sheet that had a body slots section that updated relevant stats but when I asked for input from players I didn't get a single response so I stopped working on it...
Don't give up, we'd love to have it! I for one never saw any mention about a more advanced sheet being worked upon (at least, not as far as I know), or I would have added my 2 cents!

As for the current sheet, something that drives me batty: At 4th, 8th, etc. you can improve one stat by +1. The problem enters when you change a stat. The sheet unchecks some (but not all! no idea why) of the class skill checks attached to that stat, removing the +3 class bonus until you recheck it, empty the ranks field, then refill that field.

Thanks for all your work on this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsgottabeodin View Post
The sheet unchecks some (but not all! no idea why) of the class skill checks attached to that stat, removing the +3 class bonus until you recheck it, empty the ranks field, then refill that field.
Is this consistent, I mean does it always happen and on every sheet or do I need specific example? It's not really something I'd have tried testing when I wrote the autocalc.

Quote:
A creature can also add any circumstance, deflection, dodge, insight, luck, morale, profane, and sacred bonuses to AC to its CMD.
Right, but the only ones in that list we have fields for are dodge and deflect. I assume that you calculate the others in your head and put that total in misc. If you feel any or all of the others should have individual fields I'm happy to consider adding them. Of course there isn't really any room on the armor line... although.. maybe I could find some.

Quote:
Any penalties to a creature's AC also apply to its CMD.
Do you want me to do something with this information? As in should there be a field or fields or should something be getting included in the autocalc that isn't?

Quote:
A flat-footed creature does not add its Dexterity bonus to its CMD.
Which is why we have a separate field for Flat Footed CMD, or I assume that's why, I didn't put it there.