[4e] X-Crawl: The Extreme Sports Dungeoncrawl (call your local Pay-Per-View provider)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Rudo View Post
I'd keep it. 'Dungeon Judge' makes me think of those Judges from the more recent Final Fantasy games, in heavy armor and whatnot. 'Dungeon Jockey' makes me think of a spiky-haired punk in front of a turn-table, pressing buttons and levers to control traps and monsters in the dungeons while making snarky commentary to the audience. So much more fun.
Agreed. Much more awesome.

Hmm, I've played X-Crawl before, and this looks great. Also, the original book DID have Dungeon Jockey's, and divine magic was actually divine. As in, people still worshiped the Greeco-Roman gods and got power from it. Very much interested in this, though I don't think you need some of the genetically altered elements and all. Think that actually takes away from the setting, almost, as I always enjoyed the entirely non-sequitur nature of the setting, and explaining it as genetic engineering seems like a cop-out for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasdaq View Post
Hmm, I've played X-Crawl before, and this looks great. Also, the original book DID have Dungeon Jockey's, and divine magic was actually divine. As in, people still worshiped the Greeco-Roman gods and got power from it. Very much interested in this, though I don't think you need some of the genetically altered elements and all. Think that actually takes away from the setting, almost, as I always enjoyed the entirely non-sequitur nature of the setting, and explaining it as genetic engineering seems like a cop-out for that.
LOL, well, I wasn't trying to force character backgrounds on anyone, but rather open the floor up to debate and offer an interesting starting point. But really you don't have anything to worry about Nasdaq, as in the end I let this one get away from me.