Netflix's Marvel Content - Page 57 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Netflix's Marvel Content

Disney doesn't seem to be planning to pull the Netflix deal any time soon. It sounds like they might want to keep the more mature material off their own service.

That's true. A Heroes for Hire series would kill two birds with one stone.

I'll stand by my earlier suggestion of how to fix IronFist. If it took until the end of season 2, then clearly they still don't understand what the show could & should have been.

Well, at least now we have DD#3 to cleanse our respective palettes.

True. Although now that they've announced the cancellation of Luke Cage it's beginning to look like Disney's changed their mind about staying on Netflix. So this might well be the last season of DD as well.

Hmm. That sucks. Maybe Disney will bring them all in house with a new title. Perhaps "Marvel Knights".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drowbane View Post
Hmm. That sucks. Maybe Disney will bring them all in house with a new title. Perhaps "Marvel Knights".
If so, hopefully they completely redo Iron Fist and JJ.

The Disney streaming thing isn't due out for at least a year (end of 2019), so it sucks that we may have to wait an awfully long time for new/more Marvel content.

Well, we know at least two more seasons are coming to Netflix: Jessica Jones season 3 and The Punisher season 2. Beyond that, we shall see.

I have no confidence in Disney's ability to do Punisher properly. It's hard to imagine a character more out of keeping with what Disney claims to stand for and be about.
So I suspect that if they reclaim it from Netflix, that's probably the last we'll see of Punisher.

Mind you, I've been wrong once or twice before, and I'm one of those weirdos who liked the Punisher Warzone movie.