realistic ability scores for age groups? - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

realistic ability scores for age groups?

realistic ability scores for age groups?

now this kinda goes without saying for almost every system i guess but since i have been playing m&m 2e recently i figured why not.

what would be the average ability scores of str. dex. con. int. wis. and cha. for these age groups?

child
teenager - str? dex 11-12. con 11-12. int? wis 8-9. cha?
adult - 10 across the board
senior

keep in mind I'm looking for as realistic as possible. although from what i have learned the average adult is 10 across the board

I would say without any mods for anything (like being overweight or having something else wrong, flaws if you will or traits) 10 across the board for an adult would be good.

For a teenager, I'd say more dextrous, probably 12 at the most, maybe an 11 or 12 con. Definitely less wisdom, I'd say a 9 or maybe even an 8.

Child would have less of all the adults by at least 3 maybe more dependent on age.

Another age needed: middle age. DND also had venerable.

teens have same physical scores as adults. less charisma and wisdom maybe.

adults are 10 everything

middle age is less con

venerable is less of everything because infirmity is inevitable unless person is exceptional in which case they remain middle age.

exceptional middle agers could also be adults, but everyone dies of old age, infirm or no.

after 40, anyone can approach infirmity though.

children would have more dex but less str and less con. mental scores are prolly higher, because teens are the ones first struggling with shame and hormones rather than having full confidence to learn.

Another age needed: middle age. DND also had venerable.

teens have same physical scores as adults. less charisma and wisdom maybe.

adults are 10 everything

middle age is less con

venerable is less of everything because infirmity is inevitable unless person is exceptional in which case they remain middle age.

exceptional middle agers could also be adults, but everyone dies of old age, infirm or no.

after 40, anyone can approach infirmity though.

children would have more dex but less str and less con. mental scores are prolly higher, because teens are the ones first struggling with shame and hormones rather than having full confidence to learn.

okay thats interesting. not sure if you made some typos or words that i actually need to look up in the dictionary lol

i am making edits to my opening post along the way so please keep them coming. accurate average ability scores. fill in the blanks ^^

I would suggest that teenagers have *less* dexterity than adults. Their limbs are growing rapidly and their brain can't keep up. They may run quickly (if fit) but for finesse, forget it! Perhaps a Dex of 10 for adults (18-35yrs) and 9 for teens (13-16yrs).

Perhaps back to 9 for 35yrs+? (I am 39 and I tell you now that I'm seizing up). Further dex penalties past 50 etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaffeineKing View Post
I would suggest that teenagers have *less* dexterity than adults. Their limbs are growing rapidly and their brain can't keep up. They may run quickly (if fit) but for finesse, forget it! Perhaps a Dex of 10 for adults (18-35yrs) and 9 for teens (13-16yrs).

Perhaps back to 9 for 35yrs+? (I am 39 and I tell you now that I'm seizing up). Further dex penalties past 50 etc.
eh I don't think so. everyone is different after all!

we are talking about averages. some teens learn how to dance. in general they're less likely to learrn about the world and are busy adjusting to new feelings and responsibilities and freedoms.

children may seem like they're getting spoonfed their knowledge, but some things they learn can be tricky at that age.

sent from my smartphone

well im not entirely sure about that logic, i was just an average teen myself but i had more finesse dexterity than any adult (actually every teen around my age was the same way) so it may be possible that you were less than average for a teen at the time? however this theory could be argued on forever from your side as well saying that i may have been a bit above average lol. my reasoning is just how i saw everyone at school (yes adults participated as well so i'm not just making things up incase you have thoughts)