Humble Bundle has Pathfinder again - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Humble Bundle has Pathfinder again

Humble Bundle has Pathfinder again

$25 gets you about $500 worth of PDF books and comics.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/p...te-book-bundle

I bought the last one at a lower tier. It would be great to have the bestiary. Magnimar might round out springing for the second tier.

Tomorrow is payday. I'll decide then.

Editing to add: I have the Game Mastery Guide from the last PF bundle, and am skimming through it again right now. It's pretty good.

... and again, as of October 30, 2017

https://www.humblebundle.com/extralife

$1 Tier
  • Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Digital Beginner Box
  • Pathfinder Core Rulebook
  • Pathfinder Player Character Folio
  • Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guide
  • Pathfinder Society Pregenerated Characters
  • Pathfinder RPG Bonus Bestiary

Beat the Average Tier - $5.37 as of this writing and guaranteed to change.
  • Pathfinder GameMastery Guide
  • Pathfinder Advanced Player's Guide
  • Pathfinder Bestiary
  • Pathfinder Strategy Guide
  • Pathfinder Society Season 6: 23-Adventure Super-Pack *
  • Pathfinder Ultimate Equipment
* Each of those 23 adventures retails for $3.99. Thats $91.77 worth of adventures with level ranges starting at 1-2 and capping out at 7-11.

$15 Tier
  • Pathfinder Society Season 7: 29-Adventure Super-Pack
  • Pathfinder Inner Sea World Guide
  • Pathfinder Inner Sea Poster Map Folio
  • Pathfinder Chronicles: Rise of the Runelords Map Folio
  • Pathfinder Chronicles: Kingmaker Poster Map Folio
  • Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Skull & Shackles Poster Map Folio

You'll also get some video games. That second tier is amazing.

Man, Paizo is really seeing something in Humble Bundle that other publishers just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cailano View Post
Man, Paizo is really seeing something in Humble Bundle that other publishers just don't.
Vast amounts of that material is available for free on various SRD-type sites, so anything they get people to spend money on, even split with a charity, would be a windfall. Notice that none of the adventure paths themselves are included, because that's where they make their real money.

What in the name of dogs is Guacamelee doing in the second tier? I mean, besides being a great Metroidvania that alone is worth the price of that tier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPQ_Purple View Post
I am confused. Is pathfinder not free?
Much of the contect produced by Paizo for Pathfinder is freely available in the form of their SRD, but they are still products for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPQ_Purple View Post
I am confused. Is pathfinder not free?
Large blocks of rules are freely available in the System Reference Document.

What's not in the SRD: A lot of setting information, a good deal of flavor text, the non-rules portions of the GameMastery Guide, those 23 scenarios, and naturally the art. (Useful in a bestiary.) Pathfinder, in its full state, is not free.

This next part is anecdotal, just a personal story. I tried to learn D&D 3.0 from their SRD when that was the hot new version. I was constantly asking friends for help, trying to make sense of those rich text files they provided, and grinding my wheels more than having fun. Again, that was my own experience but maybe not everyone's.

When i bought the Players Handbook, I had significantly easier time of character creation. I still gladly use the SRD to copy and paste monster stats or character spells into a terse, focused reference. I use the rulebooks to play the rest of the game.

One dollar for the Pathfinder core rulebook can be a blessing.

Thanks for the explanation. I don't like playing D&D and similar systems so all I ever heard of pathfinder was that it was a "free" D&D like thing that's 3.5 but also not 3.5.