Pilot of my Web Series - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Creative Corner

Post your creative works here and show off your talent!

Pilot of my Web Series

Alright so after reading the responses I agree with some things, can't fix others, and will be better the next time around. So to address some of the problems.

Sound: This needs a mic, Barsavis, thanks for the mic lead. I will be looking into it. Dubbing and recording sound after the fact is too much work at the moment due to the time constraints that the people I work with have. This is next on my list though.

Lighting:Nope, equipment is expensive and bulky to get even close to right. If I get funded sure. Until then I work with what I have.

Camera Work and quality of the Shots: This is the one thing were I go "My bad, I suck" First time behind a camera and focusing more on trying to get all the action in instead of the important parts. Next episode will be leaps and bounds better then this one.

Locations: HAHAHAHAHA, I take what I can get when I can get it. A friend's apartment, the theatre I used to work at. When I can get a location I use it. No budget and few connections makes getting good locations hard. With better camera work though I may be able to hide it. So it does not offend.

Acting: I have what I have. While I would love to have more rehearsal time my actors live in LA, we shoot in Fullerton, I live in Mira Loma. Travel and time constraints kill the rehearsal time. Also the first episode is always a bit shaky as actors find their characters.

Clarity: Alright, I will make a confession here as well. I am trying for something different. Overall it is a urban fantasy, action and drama. Now I like moments of light brevity to break up heavier scenes. It is actually a way of pacing a show. Romance is only hinted at and scouted around for the moment.

Accessibility: It will be going to it's own website in about a month or two with the rest of One Among Many Productions launch material. That coming together has been harder then organizing the show let me tell you.

Good, well it sounds like you have things well thought out then. I look forward to seeing more.

Just something to keep in mind, you really have something here. You would not believe how difficult it is to get a team together that actually DOES something. Out of the people I know a lot are willing to "join" but by that they just mean sit on their butts and watch you do all of the work... if they aren't playing a video game, going to the movies, or just hanging out.

Honestly I like the directin this is heading in. From the criticism above I actually thought this was going to be pretty bad...However I have seen a lot worse from productions WITH budgets...youtube is a cornucopia of these horrid projects...This was half way on the way to decent and I can only see it getting better. You should slap it on youtube...see what comes of it. With a little marketing and a quantifiable fan base you should be able to get some crowd funding (like, kickstarter) for this. I know I am over 2 years late to the party, but I thought it was worth noting.

Are you guys still working on this at all? Also, google hangouts for rehersal? I know people can use it for tabletop gaming and the video and audio wouldn't be great, but it could be enough to do rehersals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbueno View Post
Are you guys still working on this at all?
Well... the thread is more than two years old and the OP hasn't been online at MW since October last year...