What have you been listening to lately? - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

What have you been listening to lately?

The cheesiest of power metal.

Also, Miracle of Sound is great and everyone should give Gav the listen.

Manowar, plain and simple. Nothing gets me into mood for posting like Manowar.

Lately I've been listening to the song 505 by Artic Monkeys a lot, the song Next Girl by Black Keys, and I've developed an embarrassing liking for Taylor Swift's song Style.

I'm not much of a music person, but I've been listening to a lot of Scottish Pirate Metal lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actana View Post
The cheesiest of power metal.

Also, Miracle of Sound is great and everyone should give Gav the listen.
This is the kind of music I envision in the background of comedic D&D campaigns.

Big Finish Productions: Doctor Who 206-211

And then going to Future World Music, Phil Coulter, Two Steps from Hell, and a huge collection of soundtracks too massive to list here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningbender View Post
This is the kind of music I envision in the background of comedic D&D campaigns.
It might require a certain mindset to actually get into, but when you do, they provide a surprising amount of inspiration for actual serious campaigns.

Except Gloryhammer. Gloryhammer is on another level of cheese entirely. There's no way you can take something like this seriously. Or if you can, I have yet to reach that mindset. It's like you combine Space Stallions with power metal.

I just can't take seriously any song that goes "Across the galaxy a new force of evil is rising / Wizards of Chaos fighting the throne of brave king of Dundee / Entwined by mystic spells, they know where the sorcerer hidden / Imprisoned in ice on the planet of knights, the powerful heroes of Crail"

What is this, space Scotland?

Actually, yes. It is. It most certainly is Space Scotland.

And that's what I mean by Gloryhammer being far too (and intentionally) cheesy. It's basically an affectionate parody of everything power metal, taking the cheese to the extreme and just having a ton of fun with it.