Who is that guy? - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Introductions

Newcomers, don't be shy, come and introduce yourself! Our members will be delighted to bring you into the fold.

Who is that guy?

Who is that guy?

Hey everyone, I'm ThatGuyOverWhere. It has been awhile for me playing tabletop rpgs in a forum base setting but hopefully I can catch on pretty quick. Tabletop gaming is one of my biggest passions but unfortunately finding a group for in person gaming has proven difficult to say the least so hopefully I can remedy that itch to play here. My favorite system happens to be Pathfinder but lately I have been pondering about exploring the FATE system. Anyways thank you all and I look forward to gaming with you.

Hello @ThatGuyOverWhere! Welcome aboard. Your reasons for coming here are not new. Lots of people come here if they can't get a tabletop game. PBP gaming is somewhat different than tabletop gaming. People don't all get on at the same time to play for hours, and gameplay tends to go slow. I'd suggest, checking out the New to Play-by-Post thread, and the Myth-Weavers Site Rules. Once you got that, wander over to the Games and Ads to see if anything interests you. Pathfinder is one of our most popular games, routinely attracting 10+ applications. Don't let that phase you. Just pay close attention to the GM's character creation guidelines.

We've got a very good FATE community here as well. There are actually some games recruiting right now.

It will also help you get into a game if you start to build a name. While you are waiting to get into a game, check out the rest of the site, talk about games and topics you know about, ask about things you aren't familiar with. Our Discord server is also a great way to talk with other members on MW, get to know people and maybe find a game as well.

Most of all, have fun!