RIFTWAR - A long-term 5e adventure.

Old Jan 25 '19, 8:04pm
Long Time Nerd

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
RIFTWAR - A long-term 5e adventure.

Riftwar 5e - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 5e

Intro:Hi all,

I'm Rev73 and this will be my first (and perhaps only, who knows) attempt to run a campaign on MythWeavers. I'm a long time D&D nerd that loves the game, a good story, and the MW community.

I'm looking for four "I'm in this for the long haul" players who meet a stringent criterion of acceptance. I've seen too many games start strong and fold and I'm hoping for something special. I'm open to old vets and newbies alike and will select the four best apps when the application period is done.

If you'd like to know more, click HERE and check out the Character Creation details that should answer many questions. Otherwise, feel free to use the QUESTIONS THREAD to find out more.

The game will be PbP on Myth Weavers but a Discord channel for Riftwar conversations has been created. Feel free to join HERE.

Let's do this!

Game Description:

Riftwar

Faerun - 1686 DR - City of Myth Drannor, Cormanthor

It's been a year since the Mythal bell rang and your future path set. You did the rounds for two years prior; three months here, three months there, always with other potentials. When The Election came, the four of you were chosen:

-Squire to the Knight Prince himself, Alejandro Cavarubios, defender of Myth Drannor.
-Student of Gannon Matthiason, archmage and advisor to the Knight Prince.
-Acolyte of Gronlim Ograduum, bishop, barkeep and blacksmith.
-Apprentice to Merith Rhistel, master runner and reconnoiter.

You've trained and bled and studied and slept and settled into a routine that should be your life for years, but an unforeseen errand sends your world spiraling. A mysterious encounter unveils a connection between worlds that threatens not only Myth Drannor, but all of Faerun. Will the four be lost in the terror of war, or come together, rise to your potential, and change the course of two worlds?

(Riftwar is very loosely inspired by my favorite fantasy series growing up - The Riftwar Saga by Raymond E. Feist)

Last edited by Rev73; Jan 25 '19 at 8:22pm..
The Riftwar saga is probably one of my favorite fantasy series ever (well, it's in the top 5...noone unseats Tolkien, Brooks, McCaffery, or Kurtz), and I just finished re-reading them about a month ago...finally picked up a copy for my kindle. While I'm definitely a n00b when it comes to 5E, I'm a long time RPG veteran. I've been looking for an excuse to learn 5E, and I think I found it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arklytte View Post
The Riftwar saga is probably one of my favorite fantasy series ever (well, it's in the top 5...noone unseats Tolkien, Brooks, McCaffery, or Kurtz), and I just finished re-reading them about a month ago...finally picked up a copy for my kindle. While I'm definitely a n00b when it comes to 5E, I'm a long time RPG veteran. I've been looking for an excuse to learn 5E, and I think I found it.
Great - it will vary a LOT from the series but it's a launching point. If I can help you w/ the 5E acclimation, let me know.

All good. An exact remake would be boring, since I'd already know how it ends. But something inspired by RiftWar and need in FR sounds awesome.

I'll definitely be taking you up on the help offer.