Old Feb 4 '19, 2:30am
Great Wyrm

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Mage Noir (40's Mage: The Ascension)

Mage Noir MtAs - Forum
Mage

A MAGE: THE ASCENSION GAME

+++ ATTENTION +++

Due to the action of the mundane humans of the Axis powers, and those reality deviants that have taken advantage of the situation, the Technocratic Union have agreed on a ceasefire with the Traditions. For the Remaining duration of the War, you are encouraged to work alongside each other, especially for signs of corruption of human agencies.

You are reminded that the sharing of any sensitive information still need the permission of your supervisors.

- Issued 0:00 GMT January 1st 1944.

Background
“The streets were dark with something more than night.”

The sleepers have again shown their inhumanity to one another committing such horrors as to attract the attention of things that feed on such darkness. And when the world burns with actual war it seems foolish to fight a metaphorical one, as some say only a fool fights in a burning house.

With an alliance between the Traditions and Technocratic Union, small cabals have been formed to keep the sleepers safe from Nephandi and worse coming into our world. whilst the more exciting posting were near the frontlines, just as important were those on the homefront.

The offices of OSS Special Projects 12 in downtown Manhatten was where for now you called home, it wasn't much but it were for now you all cooperate to keep the Big Apple from picking up any bugs.

Style and Tone
“Without magic, there is no art. Without art, there is no idealism. Without idealism, there is no integrity. Without integrity, there is nothing but production.”

As the title suggest this is a Film Noir style of games, the world is grimy and gritty and full of shades of grey where any moment friends can become a foe and saving the world doesn't pay the bills. Whilst your all heroes at heart things will not go easy for you, down here you're dealing with people who are quick with there fist or a gun and there's definitely no honor among thieves. And on top of that, there are rumors of Nazi spies and followers of older evil hiding in the underbelly of this city. And whilst we're definitely not following the Hay's Code, you're not guaranteed a win, but we'll still be a PG-13 game.

Whilst your characters will be seeped in places smelling of whisky and tobacco, there are something you'll not find here the attitude of the time. Whatever your gender, race, religion or sexual preference you'd be welcome into the game, if you're looking for an accurate 1940 I suggest you go an look elsewhere.

Character Creation
“Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. ”

We'll be using Mage 20 with both the Traditions and Technocracy being available. Radically changes will be kept to a minimum, - The Virtual Adepts are part of the Technocracy (for now), computers will be super rare and no secondary skill (I've never been a fan). All the available M20 supplements are usable, whilst stuff from the stuff from previous editions will be handled on a case to case basis.

This will be a fairly casual game with a posting rate of about once a week more or less.

I'm looking for up to Six characters for this game. Closing Date for Application are the 4th of March, please put them in this folder here.

Game Description:

Down these mean streets a man must go who is not himself mean, who is neither tarnished nor afraid. He is the hero; he is everything. He must be a complete man and a common man and yet an unusual man. He must be, to use a rather weathered phrase, a man of honor—by instinct, by inevitability, without thought of it, and certainly without saying it. He must be the best man in his world and a good enough man for any world.

He will take no man’s money dishonestly and no man’s insolence without a due and dispassionate revenge. He is a lonely man and his pride is that you will treat him as a proud man or be very sorry you ever saw him.

The story is this man’s adventure in search of a hidden truth, and it would be no adventure if it did not happen to a man fit for adventure. If there were enough like him, the world would be a very safe place to live in, without becoming too dull to be worth living in.

Last edited by TiffanyKorta; Feb 4 '19 at 11:24pm..
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffanyKorta View Post
A little pulp will work withing Noir as long as you don't go full mad Scientists! Also the Society has it's two fisted action heroes as well.
I was thinking more the scientist/adventurer types, Not a mad scientist but someone who makes gadgets and uses them in the field. Sort of like Batman in that sense but with wierder gadgets and not as skilled in hand to hand. He wouldn't be a Batman clone but he would definitely be a gadgeteer.

Tiffany, are you open to accepting an application from someone who has never played Mage before? I've had a number of the Mage books at my disposal, but no one interested in starting a Chronicle in my area.

I am definitely interested in this. I will try to come up with something in the next week.

I definitely recommend it Changer. Mage is fun