Notices

Looking for potential players

Old Feb 8 '19, 4:57pm
Multiverse Wanderer

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Looking for potential players

Star Wars D6 - Forum
Star Wars

This will be a game run using WEG Star Wars D6 rules, for 3-5 players. So far everything but an approximate era (Rise of the Rebellion up to and including New Republic) is up in the air, as I want the players to have some input in the game.

I only have two rules:

1) Either everyone is a force user or noone is. Force users can really break the game once the game has been going for a while. Yes they really get that powerful under these rules.
2) No PC on PC agression, in character arguments are fine, but dont be the character who is only there to screw over the other characters, I wont allow that and it will get you booted from the game if you deside to go that route anyway.

If you are interested let me know and we can start discussing exactly what we will be playing

Game Description:

This will be a game run using WEG Star Wars D6 rules, for 3-5 players. So far everything but an approximate era (Rise of the Rebellion up to and including New Republic) is up in the air, as I want the players to have some input in the game.

I only have two rules:

1) Either everyone is a force user or noone is. Force users can really break the game once the game has been going for a while. Yes they really get that powerful under these rules.
2) No PC on PC agression, in character arguments are fine, but dont be the character who is only there to screw over the other characters, I wont allow that and it will get you booted from the game if you deside to go that route anyway.

If you are interested let me know and we can start discussing exactly what we will be playing :)

You have my interest, and I'll carry over my thoughts from the Planning thread: my vote is for "all Force-users" along the lines of the Padawan Pack or a Jedi Praxeum class.

I've never tried an all-Jedi party before. How do you see this going, Sage? Our master sends us on missions for his own cryptic reasons, and then we return and resume our training until the next mission?

I'm interested. I'll make a Jedi if I have to, but I've found that the non-Jedi party is far more interesting and diverse. It's my preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageBahamut View Post
You have my interest, and I'll carry over my thoughts from the Planning thread: my vote is for "all Force-users" along the lines of the Padawan Pack or a Jedi Praxeum class.
While I'm uncertain how this version of SW does Traditions, there are various "types" of Force Traditions in the SW Universe, so wouldn't it be rather interesting if they were a group of various different such Traditions brought together for a bigger purpose?

Count me in, definitely interested!

I've never played in a Star Wars game before, so I'm really open for anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyon_Sturmm View Post
While I'm uncertain how this version of SW does Traditions, there are various "types" of Force Traditions in the SW Universe, so wouldn't it be rather interesting if they were a group of various different such Traditions brought together for a bigger purpose?
Yes and no. It'd be 100% story, 0% mechanics. In d6 star wars, the force is the force is the force and unless you modify either the rules or your char, you're a force user or you aren't.

Also, just thinking on it, this idea doesn't make a lot of sense; the force traditions are diametrically opposed e.g. jedi are jedi, and don't think witches use the force 'correctly'. Repeat for each faction. Jedi working together or sith working together would make a lot more sense.

Even with all being force users in the same tradition, there's the possibility of character variation. People will have different force abilities and skills, and difference mundane skills, too.

They will have different character variation in the middle ground. I've done WEG starwars tabletop IRL for years, and we've tried all Jedi games. It's very hard to vary early because you have to take the basic force skills to get into a lot of the other ones. Later, once you start hitting 5D or higher across the force board, you all have practically everything. Players also tend to focus on developing force skills over mundane skills (especially in PbP with as slow as they run).

3D-5D will be the most variation, but it won't be THAT significant without some serious collaboration on the part of the players, modifications of prereqs, or a combination of both.

It's doable, but harder. We tried it with our long term gaming group and were VERY deliberate about it, and still ended up with practically the same characters very quickly.

Okay. Clearly you remember the force rules better than I do! ^_^

Perhaps have a poll on it in the game forum? All Jedi vs No Jedi?

I'd recommend just picking one and going with it. Depending on which way you go, you'll get different applicants. Can't make everyone happy, so select the one you'd rather handle (or mitigate!) as a GM, and run with it. No regrets!