Notices

Looking for potential players

Old Feb 8 '19, 4:57pm
Multiverse Wanderer

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Looking for potential players

Star Wars D6 - Forum
Star Wars

This will be a game run using WEG Star Wars D6 rules, for 3-5 players. So far everything but an approximate era (Rise of the Rebellion up to and including New Republic) is up in the air, as I want the players to have some input in the game.

I only have two rules:

1) Either everyone is a force user or noone is. Force users can really break the game once the game has been going for a while. Yes they really get that powerful under these rules.
2) No PC on PC agression, in character arguments are fine, but dont be the character who is only there to screw over the other characters, I wont allow that and it will get you booted from the game if you deside to go that route anyway.

If you are interested let me know and we can start discussing exactly what we will be playing

Game Description:

This will be a game run using WEG Star Wars D6 rules, for 3-5 players. So far everything but an approximate era (Rise of the Rebellion up to and including New Republic) is up in the air, as I want the players to have some input in the game.

I only have two rules:

1) Either everyone is a force user or noone is. Force users can really break the game once the game has been going for a while. Yes they really get that powerful under these rules.
2) No PC on PC agression, in character arguments are fine, but dont be the character who is only there to screw over the other characters, I wont allow that and it will get you booted from the game if you deside to go that route anyway.

If you are interested let me know and we can start discussing exactly what we will be playing :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
It's doable, but harder. We tried it with our long term gaming group and were VERY deliberate about it, and still ended up with practically the same characters very quickly.
After some thinking, I think I'd go non force as well. The reason above does it for me.

Ok seeing that we have a few rookies who would like to join, I think we should go with the No Force Users option. Another reason is as some have said, that diversity will be at a minimum in the beginning, and also at higher levels (I use that term loosly as there really are no class levels in this game, only abilities and skill levels). So we have a few options to choose from.
  1. Military
    1. New Republic/Rebels (1 vote)
    2. Imperial
    3. Mercenary
  2. Bounty Hunter Campaign (1 vote/4 total)
    1. Imperial Hunters
    2. Guild Hunters (1 vote)
    3. Independent Hunters (2 votes)
  3. Smugglers Campaign (3 votes)
  4. Free Traders

So let me hear what your preference would be

WEG starwars is the best RPG system out there, so simple and effective

I'm very interested,

Any of those game options would be very fun, I'm more into the smugglers/independent bounty hunters though.

ok looks like we are doing a Bounty Hunter game. We just have to come up with a good reason as to why a lone Guild Hunter would team up with a group of Independents.